Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I just bump my speaker covers, they fall off or almost come off! Does anyone have info on how to make them fit "SNUG" again? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance. :mad:

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Check this out...

The grille covers for the doors have little metal tabs that have to be straightened out and pushed thru the corresponding slots and then bent down from the back side. They are prone to break off and if they're all gone, you may have to get creative about reattaching the covers. Good luck----

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i pretty sure the door speaker covers were not meant to come off at all. if you try to take them off, u'll break the tabs and won't be able to put them back in. that's probably waht happened. in any case, a little epoxy or crazy glue should do it. i used epoxy cause it's very strong once it's dry.
you can buy it at any harware store for like 3 bux.

-j

·
Registered
99 Posts
aiznpride said:
i pretty sure the door speaker covers were not meant to come off at all. if you try to take them off, u'll break the tabs and won't be able to put them back in. that's probably waht happened. in any case, a little epoxy or crazy glue should do it. i used epoxy cause it's very strong once it's dry.
you can buy it at any harware store for like 3 bux.

-j
Exactly. Getting at the door speakers requires revoming the door panel to prevent breaking anything (ie, the grills).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts