Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I luv ur girl...
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember that I had a BHG, replaced entire engine, and rode good for almost 3 months. Now, I'm sitting at a light and just before it turns green I notice my temp needle climbs a little higher than normal...I almost start to panic. I get where I was going (20 seconds away) and see that its leaking coolant and so I top off reservoir and radiator after a couple hours and drive home. I looked under the car and saw that it was a small hose with a cut in it, but I dont know if this hose has anything to do with the radiator...I'd hope that it did so I could just replace that instead of gettin a new radiator. The car hasn't run "hot" but it has leaked a little coolant, it's "dirt" lookin stuff in the reservoir but I doubt its oil, nothing but ugly oil on the dipstick (need an oil change) and no smoke out the tailpipe. So I guess I'm just askin if that small hose could have something to do with it and if so/not do u think I'd just be better off gettin a new radiator. Thanks a trillion already, cuz u guys really helped me a lot the last time I had this problem.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
You'll have to be more specific as to which small hose it is but since the coolant is moved through a bunch of hoses it sounds like all you need to do is replace the hose and the lost coolant that you will loose when you replace the hose.

·
I luv ur girl...
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll have to be more specific as to which small hose it is but since the coolant is moved through a bunch of hoses it sounds like all you need to do is replace the hose and the lost coolant that you will loose when you replace the hose.
i went to Advance Auto and showed the guy what I was talkin about and he said it was the transmission fluid coolant hose... it's the smaller hose that runs into the bottom of the radiator...I'm gonna try to find a picture online.

·
Registered
843 Posts
i went to Advance Auto and showed the guy what I was talkin about and he said it was the transmission fluid coolant hose... it's the smaller hose that runs into the bottom of the radiator...I'm gonna try to find a picture online.
If it's the transmission line running to the radiator, then it has nothing to do with your overheating problem. Unless the G2 Legends are different than any other AT vehicle I've seen (I'm a G1 guy), then those lines carry transmission fluid to the bottom of the radiator, which has a seperate set of tubing to cool the transmission fluid. So, if one of those lines is leaking, then you're losing transmission fluid at that point and your coolant leak is elsewhere.

Back to the overheating; it's impossible to say whether you need another radiator - you really need to have your entire cooling system evaluated if you're having problems. It could be the radiator, the radiator fans not engaging, the thermostat, a weak hose collapsing, etc, etc.. Since, as you've found out the hard way, the G2 is prone to head gasket issues, I'd have it completely checked by a competent mechanic to ensure that your entire cooling system is in good shape. Good luck....

·
I luv ur girl...
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm gonna just get somebody to look at it, the fans come on and all that. i was gonna say that i replaced the thermostat in Nov. but i forgot that I did get another engine, so maybe that needs replacing. I'm hoping it's just something simple like that or radiator needs replacing. I can live with those, not another bhg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.