Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dyno chart (chart fixed)

These are some of the conditions and modifications that might affect the results of my dyno results.

Acura Legend Coupe 1993 6 speed
140k miles
RM Racing Intake
Greddy Exhaust
19x8 RacingHart Type C5
235/35R19 BF Goodrich Scorcher T/A
50-60 degrees ambiance temperature
Dynojet 248C

Enjoy!!!!! :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh S said:
I'm just getting the dreaded red 'x'
Sorry Josh, hosting problems, hehehhee........, now it's fixed. How's life? and where in woburn do you live? now I live closer to you! hehehhee............. take care.

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
Alexander said:

Sorry Josh, hosting problems, hehehhee........, now it's fixed. How's life? and where in woburn do you live? now I live closer to you! hehehhee............. take care.
Hey Alex, I see you live in Watertown now. I live right off 128 near exit 34. Maybe I'll see you around.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
That's very good HP. You don't happen to have a dyno of the car stock, do ya?

- ek

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the RM Racing Intake and Greddy Exhaust increase is not that significant, and the increased in HP were offseted by the increased in weight and diameter of my tires, so this is pretty much close to stock, well maybe stock is about 5 hp less than that, that's all. But no, sorry, don't have.

·
Registered
180 Posts
wha?! isn't that i g2? i thought they run more then 200hp stock! my G1 puts out 160hp stock i got about 165 in it now. nice redlike btw is that the real redline in all G2? i only got 6200 =(

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
lilboi tony said:
wha?! isn't that i g2? i thought they run more then 200hp stock! my G1 puts out 160hp stock i got about 165 in it now. nice redlike btw is that the real redline in all G2? i only got 6200 =(
That is the HP at the wheels, not at the crank. Generally there is about a 15% drivetrain loss for a manual and 18-20% for an auto. So assuming a manual that dyno's 200HP at the wheels, gives about 235HP at the crank.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Josh S said:

That is the HP at the wheels, not at the crank. Generally there is about a 15% drivetrain loss for a manual and 18-20% for an auto. So assuming a manual that dyno's 200HP at the wheels, gives about 235HP at the crank.
Thank you Josh, you're really quick on replying it, hehehe..... hey, have you ever dynoed your Supra? I really want to know. The ACS Racing is only in Hanover, just off Route 3.

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
Alexander said:

Thank you Josh, you're really quick on replying it, hehehe..... hey, have you ever dynoed your Supra? I really want to know. The ACS Racing is only in Hanover, just off Route 3.
Yeah, I'm just sitting on the computer now :D
I haven't dynoed the Supra yet, but I defently plan on it this spring because it's in storage right now and I also want to get a new cat-back before dynoing it. I hope to dyno at least 380rwhp :eek: There is also NE Dyno in Worcester that I hear is good too.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Over here I paid 50 bucks for 3 runs. And I think you can rent the dyno for an hour for 150 if I'm not wrong.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
hey

Alexander said:
Over here I paid 50 bucks for 3 runs. And I think you can rent the dyno for an hour for 150 if I'm not wrong.
what happens if u miss a shift? or you do something stupid?
no do-overs?

lol.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehhee............ unfortunately that won't happen, because it's not me driving the car, and you don't have to shift, hehehehe.......... All is done on third gear. You almost got me here, hehehhee.........., nice try. :D :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
hey

Alexander said:
Hehhee............ unfortunately that won't happen, because it's not me driving the car, and you don't have to shift, hehehehe.......... All is done on third gear. You almost got me here, hehehhee.........., nice try. :D :D
so wait up..

one of their "pros" do it?
how is it really done.
I'm dying to know what my car dynos at, but I'm no damn speed racer.

-j

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, their people did everything from hooking the car, then putting the RPM probe to the spark plug wire, and driving the car. This is how it's done, they just starting on first gear, shift through until third, and after you're on third, be ready, engage the dyno, and just floor it till it almost hit the rev limiter. That's all, not that difficult. Usually people dyno their car 3 times, so you get the averages from them.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alexander said:
Yes, their people did everything from hooking the car, then putting the RPM probe to the spark plug wire, and driving the car. This is how it's done, they just starting on first gear, shift through until third, and after you're on third, be ready, engage the dyno, and just floor it till it almost hit the rev limiter. That's all, not that difficult. Usually people dyno their car 3 times, so you get the averages from them.
Ok ok ok..
Makes the results "more equal"..

How much hp do u think u got from your intake and exhaust?

I'm so used to an intake + exhaust sound that when I drive my car nowadays, I feel as though it's choking (i can almost hear it! lol)...

So I was thinking of getting an intake and exhaust...
Only if it gives me more ponies.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Intake and exhaust won't give you much HP increase. I think they will only give you about 5-7 wheel HP increase, not that much at all. I just change them mainly for the looks. So, don't expect too much from them.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
cool..

Alexander said:
Intake and exhaust won't give you much HP increase. I think they will only give you about 5-7 wheel HP increase, not that much at all. I just change them mainly for the looks. So, don't expect too much from them.
Sounds good

I guess I'll do the ECU+Intake+Exhaust deal whenever I get my tax refund....

Or if I still have a job by the end of this week.
:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts