Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS!

I just made my first 2 mods and a fix today on my 90 ls legend.

The fix was on the ABS/ALB system. It was making a space craft noise or something, sounds like the jetson car about every 10 seconds when driving... i opened the hood, looked right above the battery at the fuse cover, removed it, and pulled three blue/(15 amp) fuses. No noise, no antilock brakes. I dont need the ALB because I've already learned how to stop them from locking up by simply pumping them a bit.

Next up, mods. To whoever posted the spedometer templates, THANK YOU!!!! i made a new spedometer layout printed on photo paper (expensive stuff, $2 a sheet! :eek: ) and just cut out a hole in the center, and used some cheap elmers gel glue to just fix it on to the existing spedometer, after a little bit of fitting, it worked and now its on there nicely.

I also Pulled off the cover to the air filter... It growls NOW! :D
Very nice sound. But is this safe??? Does it do anything? :confused:

SO EXCITED about this legend! Now all I need is a new transmission and some tint and this car will be sweeeeeeet.

Oh, the lady at mcdonalds already asked if she could have it, and another lady at Dunkin Doughnuts told me I looked good in my 'mom's car' DAMNIT! LOL, after turning on the "system" (2 8in subs and two 6 1/2 in rear speakers, not 6x9, it was a ***** to make a cover to fit it) she finally believed it was my car, now all people have to do is look at the dash. It sucks when you actually pay for stuff and people just think you got it handed to you. :mad:

Oh well, I LOVE MY ACURAAAAAA!!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
you took off the air filter??? now your driving without an air filter???? i think that is no good for the car it just doesn't sound right. i'm no mechanic but i would never do that to my car. put it back on quick and make sure its 100% safe to do it i heard the air filter play an important role for the car. oh and i'm glad you like your car. is it a cooupe or sedan

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
No No...

He said that he took off the air filter cover. He didn't say he took the filter itself out. That'd be stupid like you said pipes_0.

·
Registered
427 Posts
oh **** sorry i was a bit high when i read it lol. i even wrote a email to my friend and ended up sending it to myself not only that but i found out i misspelled a lot of words and made lots of grammer mistake hehe i'm so dumb

·
Registered
689 Posts
hey, congrats on the legend and the new mods. jeez, come to think of taking care of a legend...just washing and detailing it takes sooooo long, but its worth it. there a billion tricks i've learned in keeping it looking fresh, for starters, use wax or polish on the factory rims and all chrome accents. its the first stuff to fade (esp. in hawaii case of the salt in the air).

good luck and have fun!!

btw, i wouldn't recommend getting one of those performance mufflers unless you want a very very uncomfertable ride. With the Legend's 2.7 V6, the exaust tone on a performance muffler is just too damned loud (IMO). When the stock one gets rusted out, try getting a low restriction "universal" sized single-inlet/dual-outlet muffler. (The universals are a lot smaller than the OEM muffler b/c they have less sound-deadening chambers inside then the OEM muffler.) On my 89 sedan, the universal muffler gives a nice rumble and smooth deep tone that's pretty comfertable to listen to.

just letting ya know.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sounds great. Can you see your gauges clearly at night? I heard that they were kinda hard to see bc they are backlit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah, I wrote that while high... But Yes, i just removed the air filter, but i put it back on for now.

And no its not hard to see at night. I used photo paper and the backlit numbers still kinda shine through, only if you look REALLY hard, (or after smoking one or two hehe). But as well as being backlit by 3 little christmas lights looking bulbs, it is also lit at the top with 3 more lights. So it gets plenty of light. Even in the dark you can kinda see it. I do believe this is cause of the glossyness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts