Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
yeah, um, it's still a hyundai. I will never, never, ever buy another hyundai. personal experiences with them prevents me from even driving one.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yeah I think Hyundai has come along way, but i still think most of there cars suck, i would never own one. the tuburon is ok i guess, but i think theyre pretty ugly and everyone who has one is always tryin to race me to no avail.

·
Registered
248 Posts
well, i am definetly in agreemnt with the hyundai improvemnet, the new tiburon may be the first hyundai that I will seriously consider recommending to a friend.

those who use past experience as an excuse not to buy a car, well, I did my thesis on japanese auto industry breaking into the US, and let me tell ya, when the cedrics first came over to the US, they were some terrible cars, over heated, slow, unrelaible, bu tnow look at japanese cars in the US>..:)

b

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
bing0 said:
well, i am definetly in agreemnt with the hyundai improvemnet, the new tiburon may be the first hyundai that I will seriously consider recommending to a friend.

those who use past experience as an excuse not to buy a car, well, I did my thesis on japanese auto industry breaking into the US, and let me tell ya, when the cedrics first came over to the US, they were some terrible cars, over heated, slow, unrelaible, bu tnow look at japanese cars in the US>..:)

b
when when when. what were thecedrics called in the us. i never knew the cedric was over here. thats one of my favorite cars. fromthe Y33 forward though. well the Y32 is alright too.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
That tiberon with 2 turbo charged engines is very bad ass. Got one engine for the front wheels and another for the backs. Does the craziest burnout imaginable and runs a 10 i believe. Those new V6 tiberons are pretty quick.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
They're getting there...They have a long way before they establish a *Luxury* division like the Japanese Auto Makers have done...

What language is "Tiburon", in Spanish, it means Shark.

·
Registered
248 Posts
its been a while since i wrote hta paper, but I believe the two first japanese cars here were the cedric and the crown, from datsun and toyota, but after a brief 4 years or so, they withdrew becuse they plainly sucked and only people buying them were japanese americans...

the only thing left in the US shores to keep them afloat was the vereable toyota FJ, land cruiser to yall non-truckers :)

the japanese companie went back and redeisnged their cars and came back a few years later, but they didnt really take off until the americans tried to duplicate the japanese small cars and made such quality pieces of machinery such as the corvair, and lateron, the pinto, as you know, they inspired the book unsafe at any speed :)

by the way, fun fact, at one time, I htink in the late 60sor early 70s, the average compact car coming off GM's assembly had 23 SERIOUS defects, not like a loose screw here or soemthing, more lke leaking brakelines, loose hubs, etc etc...and you thought modern american cars were unreliable :)

hehe

b

·
Registered
248 Posts
right, my point was that japanese cars at one point, when initially introduced to the US, were weak, ugly, spartan cars that were prone to over heating and breaking down ...and now look at them...

so give hyundai time and we may see them rise to something respectable too :)

b

·
Registered
685 Posts
knew a kid at my old high school, he had a tiburon, (previous model) it was his project car, man that car was sweet when I saw it, it had a custom turbo setup, intercooler it ran 12.9-13.1 on average. but as stock I dont like Hyundai

Hope
You
Understand
Nothings
Drivable
And
Inexpensive

·
Registered
167 Posts
I remember smokin 2 b*tches in a yellow tibby a couple months ago on a long stretch... I just zoomed by n at the red light they revved as if I had called them out by speeding by... well I took off at green n dusted them easy... then I slowed down 2 flash a smile n a wink n take off again.. they looked aight, but I dunno about the car.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After driving the tibby(auto trans) for awhile I'm more impressed with the car. Off the line the pick up is great, the handling was impressive, and car felt solid. Raced L-tuned Is300 and pretty much even race until beginning of 3rd gear which then IS slowly pulled on the tibby. Might be interesting with the 6 speed tibby. I can't wait to see a stock turbo version(rumors) with 260HP(?) that might come out within couple of years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts