Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
i've tried everything from conditioners to mink oil. it helped a little after the mink oil and after it wore into the seats (it was gooey for a while). then i just keep up every once in a while with meguiars leather conditioner for a clean feeling/smell/look.

good luck!

· Registered
1,491 Posts
I've noticed that if I just use conditioner without a very good cleaning, it still doesn't soften up as much.

I'm sure Pat or someone else good offer some good advise on cleaning first but if you need more info, go to detailcity.com or autopia.com and read up a little. I've sat inside another members legend and they still had stock seats but it was much softer and cleaner looking than mine.

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
Use Emu All-Soft. It will soften up your leather and keep it feeling new. You may have to special order it. Thats what I did, since there isnt a distributor near my house.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
OhGeez said:
I've noticed that if I just use conditioner without a very good cleaning, it still doesn't soften up as much.

I'm sure Pat or someone else good offer some good advise on cleaning first but if you need more info, go to detailcity.com or autopia.com and read up a little. I've sat inside another members legend and they still had stock seats but it was much softer and cleaner looking than mine.
Yeah, I used the Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean dad's leather. :)

And my favorite company http://www.poorboysworld.com, is going to release their leather cleaner/conditioner soon. :)

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
kotetu said:
Why is pbw your favorite company ?
Their products and service are top notch. A while back there was a member of this forum that was thinking of buying a Legend as a daily driver to go with his TL that he already owned. There was a thread that a few of us were discussing detailing and he posted a link to Detailcity.com, which is a great detailing forum with lots of info. Before detailcity I was always waxing by hand and just covering up blemishes. Then as I read more threads on detailcity.com I realized that I could be doing so much more. I purchased a Porter Cable 7424 and I've been a detailing nut ever since. There is a section on detailcity.com for Poorboys products because Poorboys sponsers detailcity and the owner/operator of Poorboys is always on the forum answering questions about his products and giving advice. They listen to their customers and try to create products that are needed and/or wanted, for instance, the leather conditioner/cleaner is something that the users asked for, and I found out this morning that they got their first shipment in from the chemist and it should be on sale soon.

Ok, I'll stop now, I sound like a salesman. :giggle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.