Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Damn those Maybachs have an imposing presence! One of my clients just bought one and I got to sit in the reclining rear seat and thought to myself "legends in Japan had these 14 years ago"!! Without the massagers of course.

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Yea that would be my opinion from having been in one for precisely 45 mins. Don't even know what the front fascia looks like in person because the "privacy shield" was up.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
so they are pretty much made to be driven by chauffeurs?
Certainly not driver's cars, if you look at the specs. Some fancy technology though; six brake calipers and electronically adjusted tint, etc.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nice pic. When getting up to that kind of money for a luxury ride I'm a Bentley Arnage or Rolls man myself.
But I've never seen a Maybach in person, it does have presence in that pic.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Six brake calipers? 4 up front and 2 in the back?
Yep, that's right. According to HowStuffWorks - Learn how Everything Works!, the Maybach can accelerate and stop about the same as a Corvette (!!!). Car and Driver had a really good article on the kind of things inside the car. Really incredible stuff but I feel like the people who'd really appreciate it the most would never have a chance to =/

·
Banned
3,690 Posts
Really incredible stuff but I feel like the people who'd really appreciate it the most would never have a chance to =/
Not only that, but I enjoy driving my car, I couldn't imagine buying a car like that and having someone else driving me around. :(

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Nice pic. When getting up to that kind of money for a luxury ride I'm a Bentley Arnage or Rolls man myself.
But I've never seen a Maybach in person, it does have presence in that pic.
+1 the Maybach has not distanced itself sufficiently from MB in looks to be a true ultra-luxury contender imho. Besides I'd get myself an Aston Martin or a Bugatti at that price. I like driving my cars!

·
Registered
899 Posts
+1 the Maybach has not distanced itself sufficiently from MB in looks to be a true ultra-luxury contender imho. Besides I'd get myself an Aston Martin or a Bugatti at that price. I like driving my cars!
True, I myself would love to drive and experience exotic machines personally
if i were to spend all that money. Its all taste I guess.

But anyway, that car is a lot more enourmous than I thought.

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.