Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you may already know, I took my car up to NC and left it in the hands of the acura master technician that is Kenso.

:thumbsup:

Work Performed:

• Resurfaced cylinder heads @ machine shop
  • Replaced valve seals
  • Replaced the timing belt, water pump, and drive belts (30k miles early :p)
  • Replaced head gaskets and all associated gaskets and seals
  • Replaced all cooling (coolant) system hoses
  • Replaced crank seal
  • Replaced fluids
  • Replaced oil cooler block off plate o-rings
  • Replaced PCV valve
  • Replaced Spark Plugs
  • Installed Type II intake manifold
  • Installed Type II exhaust manifold to eliminate PAIR pipe leftover from Type I.
  • Swapped injectors and fuel rails over to Type II manifold, replace injector o-rings
  • Replaced thermostat
  • Charged A/C System to specs
  • Replaced steering rack boots
  • R&R transmission
  • Replace rear main seal, torque converter/front pump seal, and differential input shaft seal
  • Replaced rear transmission mount
  • Drained and filled transmission with Honda ATF
  • Drained and filled differential with gear oil
  • Replaced front lower lip (rocker valence)
  • Replaced LF fender liner

Here are some pics of the process:

(All OEM)

Transmission Out

Back of Block

Reassembly

Type II

New front lip

Well, I won't have any mechanical issues for a long while thats for sure, my Legend is now running like a champion. You are the man Ken, I'm extremely happy to have you as my mechanic.

Now its time I start working on the performance modifications. :D

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Shit, Bling! Bet you dropped some chedda on that but if Ken did the work, it was well worth it. That's like having Michelangelo paint your ceiling.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shit, Bling! Bet you dropped some chedda on that but if Ken did the work, it was well worth it. That's like having Michelangelo paint your ceiling.
I did drop my savings and then some but it was completely worth it.

Michelangelo painting the ceiling...I like that analogy. :giggle:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
WOW....that is some list! R&R transmission...I guess that means remove and replace? did your old tranny die?

and did you have a BHG?

·
T The pimp
2,073 Posts
wow now your car will be running at least another 200k miles with some minor repair only. My bro replace all of those thing when his Legend blew left side HG and now the car ran very smooth. Hey it look good with that Type II badge Bling.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no BHG, didn't make it that far.

WOW....that is some list! R&R transmission...I guess that means remove and replace? did your old tranny die?

and did you have a BHG?
Nah, I've never overheated or blown anything for that matter. I just felt I wanted to get everything done at once, as much as possible, in efforts to bring my engine back to pristine operating conditions.

R&R = Remove and refit"; to remove a component from a vehicle to repair it or to gain access to other components, and then re-install it.

wow now your car will be running at least another 200k miles with some minor repair only. My bro replace all of those thing when his Legend blew left side HG and now the car ran very smooth. Hey it look good with that Type II badge Bling.
Thanks man, I'm really like the type II components. :D

·
T The pimp
2,073 Posts
^^^then you should beat it with a totally rebuild 3.5L swap.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
Nah, I've never overheated or blown anything for that matter. I just felt I wanted to get everything done at once, as much as possible, in efforts to bring my engine back to pristine operating conditions.

R&R = Remove and refit"; to remove a component from a vehicle to repair it or to gain access to other components, and then re-install it.

Thanks man, I'm really like the type II components. :D
right on...yea talk about peace of mind, she's perfect inside and out! def some big time Legend love...and I agree! I'll never sell or trade my GS...period

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Amazing :) Nothing like an OEM rebuild. That level of comfort comes with a heavy price tag i'm sure :D

Keep up the good work

·
Registered
440 Posts
Awesome! That's why I was trying to convince Shaar to keep his Legend! I think they will be worth some money some day. Seeing this type of work is inspirational!

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
Awesome man. Looks fantastic and we can all be sure the work done was top knotch.

I'm not going to lie... I'm more then a little jealous. Seeing a valve train that clean makes me want to go home and take my engine apart.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
great bing glad to see u happy u got a clean exterior clean interior and now a clean motor tkae care of her

1 - 20 of 52 Posts