Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so now im trying to sell my legend and she wont let go the problems are starting to become to numerous. so heres my list of problems.

the drain for the radiator is leaking its the pitcock at the bottom of the radiator

the auto switch for the drivers side window broke

the rear right window doesnt work i bought a used switch and it still doesnt work (you have to get a battery and short the motor)

the drivers window roles down slow and sometimes stops (but not when wet/afterwash)

front passenger window seems to be out of the track it roles up slow and a slight angle (but not when wet/afterwash)

a and c pillar cover rattle bad when my subs hit

antenna was broken off years ago by garage door

if anyone can help please do!

· Registered
342 Posts
88_acro said:
so now im trying to sell my legend and she wont let go the problems are starting to become to numerous. so heres my list of problems.

the drain for the radiator is leaking its the pitcock at the bottom of the radiator

the auto switch for the drivers side window broke

the rear right window doesnt work i bought a used switch and it still doesnt work (you have to get a battery and short the motor)

the drivers window roles down slow and sometimes stops (but not when wet/afterwash)

front passenger window seems to be out of the track it roles up slow and a slight angle (but not when wet/afterwash)

a and c pillar cover rattle bad when my subs hit

antenna was broken off years ago by garage door

if anyone can help please do!
hondabond the stopcock
ebay a new drivers switch (or junkyard)
silicone spray the front window tracks (not permanent, but helps for a while)
turn the radio down to stop the rattling
get a replacement antenna-- i got a stubby black flexible one from ebay for 9.99-- looks great, no more pro blems

· Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AndaHeart said:
hondabond the stopcock
ebay a new drivers switch (or junkyard)
silicone spray the front window tracks (not permanent, but helps for a while)
turn the radio down to stop the rattling
get a replacement antenna-- i got a stubby black flexible one from ebay for 9.99-- looks great, no more pro blems
ive got a rubber antenna (very bad reseption) but i want original i went to the junk yard and there ALL gone

· Registered
1,292 Posts
The leak in the rad on my 90LS looked like a leaky drain-cock or lower hose connection: turned out to be a cracked joint in the lower rad tank. To figure out for sure, remove the splash guard under the front of the car, clean off the bottom of the rad, then run the car until you can see where the leak is coming from. If it is the drain cock, it could be as simple as replacing the o-ring. Otherwise, you'll have to have the rad repaired or replaced.

Your switch problems could be resolved by repairing or replacing the switches ...and the window problems could be better diagnosed by removing the door panels and checking the mechanisms ....could be loose bolts in the mechanism or window channels/tracks.

You can find replacement power antennas on e-bay ....or, if its just a busted mast on your original Acura antenna, you can buy a replacement mast from the dealer, or off e-bay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.