Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo... Friday one of my co-workers stopped by on his 03 harley Sportster SO i had to take it for a spin. 2 20min rides to be exact!

having riden for the first time in 2+ years, i remembered all the joy of riding again.

I started looking on ebay for parts i need to get my bike running, which idealy would be a complete motor and trans with a good clutch, plus front forks (eventually, as its rideable with them damaged how they are) and a few other little things, when i came across a parts bike locally.

sent the guy a msg about wanted to look at it. He called me in the evening, i went over there with my buddy and his dodge ram, ready to take it home.

after looking at it, and talking with the dude, i was on my way home with a 2nd bike. (my PU's were ecstatic!)

so more pics, this is how the bike looked new, maybe with a different paint job thou.

its almost the same chassis as my bike, same motor and stuff, different body work,

here's my bike new:

right away u can see the difference, something maybe not noticeable, the tires are much skinner on the new bike.

It needs some work, i'm not gonna lie. but i spent most of the day today working on it.

I installed the carbs from my old bike. Gas tank (since its missing it) althou the fit isn't perfect. installed the throttle handle from my bike.

I had to fix a electrical problem (swapped some wiring, a relay, and start switch from my bike)

all it needs now is the caliper swapped and a battery, so more pics!! ;)

The front fender has to go, its ugly and rusting! i'm gonna swap my chrome fender over.

plates were expired in 00 so who knows when it ran last.

I installed new plugs i had laying around, put in some seafoam into my 2+ year old gas in my gas tank and she fired the fuck up!! here a little video clip...

http://i37.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid37.photobucket.com/albums/e77/Alperovich/bikey/DSCN2676.flv

yea, she needs an exhaust badly, this bike has a single exhaust, i'll be installed my old dual exhaust soon, and i would install my wheels and tires but the ones on this bike are in excellent shape.

this is gonna be a FUN summer :D

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Ehh nice dude!! I'm SO ready to buy a bike, but I have to wait until I can afford a pair of them now :p ahh the trials of being married. The old lady's response was "the only way you're getting one is if I get one so I can keep an eye on you!" Sure! :lol:At least she didn't say no!

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just be careful my man.
oh i will be. This isn't my first bike or first summer riding. :) its so much fun

Ehh nice dude!! I'm SO ready to buy a bike, but I have to wait until I can afford a pair of them now :p ahh the trials of being married. The old lady's response was "the only way you're getting one is if I get one so I can keep an eye on you!" Sure! :lol:At least she didn't say no!
buy one!! lol.

I just found out my caliper from my old bike doesn't fit. there's one on ebay cheap thou. i have ordered it :D

also took her for a spin around the block, ran good for not having a bettery, i didn't hit it hard b/c there's no front brake, but the rear did lock a little, so it must be in good shape!

soon, very sooon, it'll be my DD :woot::woot: 50+mpg!!

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Nice work man. I've been eyeing a pair of KZ's (1000 and 750) that a high school buddy of mine has and basically won't sell unless it's to me . They were starter bikes for him and his girl and now they've moved on to Yamaha's (1700 and 1000). He's the same way with his bikes that I am with my cars so they're cherry and need nothing. Won't happen this summer (SHG, vacation and clutch for the Saab), but I can wait another year, I'm patient :)

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice!! yea my first yamaha was a great starter bike too. it leaked oil like a siv, haha. learned pretty good hhow to control a bike with a always slick rear tire of oil. This is gonna be a sweet DD for the summer. sure it isn't the prettiest but its a fun toy. getting plates tomorrow!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.