Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be picking up an 99 RL this week. It has navi and I was wondering if I replaced the factor radio with an after market if the voice from the navi will still work with the after market radio? I know right now it will mute the radio when it tells you where to turn. Will it still work like this with an after market radio?

·
Banned
3,429 Posts
I am going to be picking up an 99 RL this week. It has navi and I was wondering if I replaced the factor radio with an after market if the voice from the navi will still work with the after market radio? I know right now it will mute the radio when it tells you where to turn. Will it still work like this with an after market radio?
Probably not. The RLs with navigation weren't designed with an aftermarket application in mind. I do know that the voice guidance is controlled by the navigation system that more than likely leads into the factory radio. With that being said, I don't think an aftermarket deck will have a place to connect the wire/wires coming from the NAV system (if there are any at all) to the aftermarket radio.

Knowing how complicated these cars are in stock form, I doubt that the Voice Guidance is just a wire or two.

My best advice is to leave good enough alone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am going to have to put in an after market radio so I can use my Sirius receiver. My receiver is made for a Pioneer unit and that is how I am planning on putting it in. So I am hoping to figure out something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.