Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds funny, but my new RL makes a high-pitched and quite audible whistling sound whenever my speed is over 70 mph. More specifically, when I take my foot off the accelerator and coast the whistling stops but it starts again as soon as I press on the gas. A friend of mine had the same problem in an Infiniti a few years back so he thinks it may be common in Japenese cars. Has anyone heard of this before or better yet is anyone experiencing this in an '05 RL? It's driving me nuts. I turn my radio up but I can still hear it. It's not loud, but it is loud enough to hear. A number of people who have ridden with me in the car have pointed it out to me. I'm due for service in 1500 miles but I may have to take it in sooner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check the windshield wiper to see if they have something not allowing them tolay down correctly. Also, are your windows closing flush? If not, then there could be many other possibilities like the rubber seal around the doors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a high speed noise that I just love. It is not a whistle, but more of a pleasing drone. Makes me feel like everything is in sync. I really like the high speed input from the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Only whistles I get are those from the admirers of my car as I pass them...or maybe it's for the wife :)

I mus admit that on occasion I have heard something like a whistle from the engine, but I haven't paid much attention to it.

Pete

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've heard something similar to what Domer98 describes. In my case it's very low volume and other people can't even hear it when I ask them to try, but I can. It whistles while I have my foot on the accelerator, and stops as soon as I remove it. I don't have to be going 70 mph, seems to happen at all speeds for me. It bugs me a tiny bit but it's nearly inaudible so I can definitely live with it. As soon as I turn on the stereo I can't hear it anymore.

I would love to know what it is!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had that thought also, but I seem to remember reading elsewhere that the noice canceling is strictly at low frequencies. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
mine gets a bit noisey after 70mph also. I've had mine Whistle also, depends on the wind outside the car it seems. on a windy day i found the whistle to be loudest.

its still quite compared to my other cars, I've caught myself talking very loud driving my 99 jetta talking to a passenger over the noise in the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the "whistling" as well

I hear the noise at speeds between 75 and 80. Above 80 and it stops until I decelerate through the 75-80 range. Seems to be coming from the right front area. Haven't been able to pinpoint the location yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts