Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I got pulled over for no front licence plate and for my drivers side windows being too dark (20% all around)..
The cop was cool and he let me go for the windows though, he just wrote me up for the front plate..

So, Last night I remember that I have to go to the CHP today for inspection.. I was talking to a friend and he told me what happend to him a few weeks before... While at the inspection station, the cop gave him a ticket for his windows being too dark!!
I thought that was strange becuase I have gotten a few fix it ticks before and that has never happend to me.. So basically it depends on the individual officer...

As I was driving to the chp office I started to get a little nervous becuase I really dont need a window ticket.. So I pulled over, rolled my two front windows down, opened the hood, took out the window fuse.. I got back in and had to laugh at myself cause I was trippin.. no way he was goona ask me to roll up the windows right?..

Wrong.. I couldn't believe it, The CHP guy walks around my car checks the plates and says "could you roll your front windows up please"... im like "No Can Do, the fuse is busted, and gave him a little more B.S about body work being done on my car, I gotta take it back to the shop before it starts raining."
he signed my ticket off and let me go

I guess Im a criminal huh?
:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Hahahaha! Slick man, Very Slick!
I love it :)

Does anyone have a picture of STOCK Tinted windows that came with the 94-95 Legends? Mines are tinted but I don't know if they're OEM, or if they were tinted by another state's standards.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
what part of socal are you in? popo must've been an ASEHOLE. hehe. mine are tinted, but not 20%. it's the titanium tint stuff so the metals does it jobs and reflects :D . i hear that they get all pissy about the tint if they are unable to see you from the outside for their safety. they worry you might bust out a .44 on them or some crap. understood, but geeesh, give us a break!:eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the ticket comming off the 405 at sepulveda, I guess in Westwood, Brentwood area.. I went to the CHP in Canoga park.. Yeah the CHP guy was pretty hard nosed, but I can respect a cops point of view by not being able to see in the car becuase although it is only 20%(black) it is often hard to see inside the car.. But yeah, its a little harsh IMO....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
LIVING_LEGEND said:
A few months ago I got pulled over for no front licence plate and for my drivers side windows being too dark (20% all around)..
The cop was cool and he let me go for the windows though, he just wrote me up for the front plate..

So, Last night I remember that I have to go to the CHP today for inspection.. I was talking to a friend and he told me what happend to him a few weeks before... While at the inspection station, the cop gave him a ticket for his windows being too dark!!
I thought that was strange becuase I have gotten a few fix it ticks before and that has never happend to me.. So basically it depends on the individual officer...

As I was driving to the chp office I started to get a little nervous becuase I really dont need a window ticket.. So I pulled over, rolled my two front windows down, opened the hood, took out the window fuse.. I got back in and had to laugh at myself cause I was trippin.. no way he was goona ask me to roll up the windows right?..

Wrong.. I couldn't believe it, The CHP guy walks around my car checks the plates and says "could you roll your front windows up please"... im like "No Can Do, the fuse is busted, and gave him a little more B.S about body work being done on my car, I gotta take it back to the shop before it starts raining."
he signed my ticket off and let me go

I guess Im a criminal huh?
:D :D :D :D
Very nicely done. A trick I shall have to remember. :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
I feel you guys on all that fix ticket crap. I've gotten pulled over like 4 times in San Francisco for my tint (35%), my lack of front plate and my tinted taillights. What a bunch of crap! Where's the harm in having dark taillights??? Jeez, these cops really need to find something better to do. Anyway, I just roll down the front windows every time i see a pig now, but that doesn't always work cuz if he pulls you over for something else, he'll check, dirty bastards. Luckily, I had a cop sign off for me without actually having to fix it, hehe. But anyway, Ice-T had it all figured out... F*** tha POlice!!! :cool:

BTW, nice move Living Legend, real smooth;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
cops do need to find some better things to do rather than to pull people over dumb shiets. at least you guys are in cities where the population is decent. This town I'm in right now has a population of exactly 98 people. Cops have no life here.

·
Registered
223 Posts
OK...I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that if the cops don't have "probable cause" they can't check you car for anything and if they do, the ticket won't hold up in court. A buddy of mine was pulled over for his tint when his windows were rolled down. The cop explained he had seen him previously and knew his front windows had tint on them. My friend later heard that he was within his rights to tell the cop he was mistaken and he didn't have probable cause to check since he didn't pull him over for any other violations. Anyone else heard this? I kinda questioned it myself.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
First off about the taillights:

The problem with Tail lights is, by law they have to be reflective (red portion) when you tint them dark, it violates that law.

Second, cops tend to pull you over to see if you're drunk, or causing trouble etc, but they need an excuse, usually tints are perfect. Example:

Couple of friends and I were coming back from vegas. He has a mustang, the cop pulls us over at night (11PM or so). When he comes up to the window, he asks "have you all been drinking tonight?" (none of us drink, even those that were over age in the car), he goes "well I stopped you because,.... because.. :::looks at car left and right while standing next to the window... then says "tinted windows" and smirks..... he got a fix-it ticket

B.S!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Some cops can be pricks and then you have some cool ones. A friend of mines has very dark tints all around his GMC Denali and he's only been stopped once for it but the good thing is that his brother in law is a cop so he signed the fix it ticket off for him.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Triton3K said:
but the good thing is that his brother in law is a cop so he signed the fix it ticket off for him
That's just sweet. That doesn't make him a good cop, maybe just for his family. :)

It would be awesome to have tickets like those signed off though. When the cop stopped me for not having my front plate. He let me go, he said "You a new driver"? I told him, I was with my dad at the moment and was learning to drive (just a permit at that time) he said, okay, I wont give you a ticket, just get that fixed. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts