Acura Legend Forum banner

My speakers finally sound good...

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  FutureX 2001 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you may know I had issues with the two front BOSE speakers in my Bose Premium System (94GS). I had what sounded like garbled, corrupted, sound. The rear speakers sounded perfect. I purchased two Bose Front Speakers from Alexander. Once I took off the door panels, mine actually looked slightly newer than the ones I got from him. I was starting to worry, maybe it wasn't the speakers after all. So I took the speakers out, and put the one's I purchased off Alexander in.

Turned it on, and music to my ears. The bass hit perfectly, and the pitch was not garbled. I believe my old BOSE speakers had bad internal contacts-within the speaker. My system now sounds wayy (emphasize on WAYY) better than before. Now for test #2, in the morning (colder cabin), I would get some bad sound for about 10mins until the cabin warmed up. I'm thinking this is probably a whole other issue w/the amp. Even so, I can live with it, until I have some excess money :)

Also, where are the front tweeters located?? I didn't see them. I thought it was an 8speaker system.... 2 6x9s, and 2 tweeters in rear... and 2 6 1/2s and 2 tweeters in the front.

Maybe I missed them ?

See less See more
#2 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
Also, where are the front tweeters located?? I didn't see them. I thought it was an 8speaker system.... 2 6x9s, and 2 tweeters in rear... and 2 6 1/2s and 2 tweeters in the front.

Maybe I missed them ?
They suppose to sit right in front of the 6.5 speaker cones. If they're not there, chances are the previous owner removed them and put in aftermarkets.

That was my case, the previous owner swapped out the premium system, then put it back in when he sold the car. That's what I plan to do too if I ever sell my car. That's why I kept my stock system in my closet

#3 ·
So what are the other holes in the back deck for then?? Like by the 6x9s, the round ones...

I saw the stock tweeters in my doors and they are still there... Can I take them out?

Your lucky Hector..... Finally good ol' bose back to normal eh''....I would give my left nut to go back to the bose premium system.... Gotta love those steering wheel controls.:)

#4 ·
Mckenzie91 said:
So what are the other holes in the back deck for then?? Like by the 6x9s, the round ones...

I saw the stock tweeters in my doors and they are still there... Can I take them out?

Your lucky Hector..... Finally good ol' bose back to normal eh''....I would give my left nut to go back to the bose premium system.... Gotta love those steering wheel controls.:)
Those are tweeters too, the Bose premium had 8 speakers total. 2 6.5s, 2 6x9s, 2 front tweeters and 2 rear tweeters.

you need to remove your rear deck to get to those tweeters in the back

#6 · (Edited)
Damn It!!,

I noticed Jazz/Classical was not reproduced as accurately in the front as the rear. I assumed this was just a "flaw" of the Bose system. Where and how, exactly are these front tweeters mounted? I didn't see any place where they would mount, what holds them up? Where are the connections/wires for them? Anyone have a picture by any chance?

Anyone selling any? I checked and noticed I still have the rear tweeters (used my ear to determine...)

Thanks

#8 ·
Where in the world are the front tweeters? I tried looking for mine, but i couldnt find it.

The rear has four speakers in all, the front has the two speakers by the door, and the other two is no where to be found. I have the stock BOSE premium sound system.

Does anyone have pictures?

#9 ·
For the people who have the premuim system and don't have the tweeters, most likely that the previous owner of the car had them removed. Because when you try to put aftermarket speakers in the stock locations, those tweeters get in the way and have to be removed.

#12 ·
The weird thing is I don't recall seeing wires, doesn't appear that the speakers were tampered with, I mean they still had the original BOSE sticker on them.. LoL

I might have just not looked at the grille itself, I'll check it out tomorrow. On the good side, I didn't hear ANY garbled sound in the morning. Will check again tomorrow morning, it will be colder...

G
#13 ·
The previous owner probably lost them and just didn't bother worrying about them. Talk to Alexander again cause chances are that if he was able to sell you the 6.5" that he could sell you the little tweeters too. I have the Bose speakers (not premium, but the 4ohm system), and it sounds great with all the tweeters. I run them off an Alpine CDM-7871 though. Later.

#14 ·
LOL I just checked they are there. :D Didn't see them the first time...

I still think it needs a little bit more pitchy, I like the bass, the voice is great, pitch is lacking just slightly. If I find some aftermarket 2ohm Tweeters... it wouldn't drain that much of the system right?

I have some Kicker Tweeters.. but I'm sure they're probably 4ohm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.