Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK IM SURE THIS IS GONNA SOUND DUMB BUT I RECENTLY PURCHASED ALESSIO TURBO HYPER BLACK RIMS WITH 215 45 17 TIRES.... N THERE GREAT BUT THE PASSANGER REAR RUBS WHEN I HIT BUMPS ANDDIPS AT LIKE 40 MPH HOW DO I SOVE THIS PROBLEM??? I RECENTLY CHANGED MY STUTS IN THE REAR N LEFT THE STOCK SPRINGS... ALSO THE RIMS CAME WITH THESE 4 LIL PLASTICE RINGS THAT GO IN SIDE THEM COULD THAT BE MAAKING THEM SIT OUT FARER???? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT ON HOW TO FIX THIS THANX GUYS.....JON....92-LSCOUPE

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ahhhh the ever popular 18" rim rub, looks like your need either some camber work or have your fenders rolled.......either that or just drive VERY carefully over bumps:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm glad you included that link, cuz I had no idea what "rolling your fenders" was. I was just about to start up a new thread. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Very Important

Eye Candy said:
I have the same problem with my 18's and the only thing to do is really roll back your fender. Here is a good example or you can just take it to a shop to get it done.
GOOD LUCK

AKA Legendmap

http://integra.vtec.net/wheels/rollfender.html
i'f u'r gonna attempt this on u'r own, remember to heat the paint around the fender a little bit because the stress of the bat to the fender will cause the paint to crack. be forewarned.
-j

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea there 17's id idnt think they would rub but i guess yhey do lol anyways its goona get done weather i pay for it or go to town with the hammer lol thanx guys

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
sAnE said:
OK IM SURE THIS IS GONNA SOUND DUMB BUT I RECENTLY PURCHASED ALESSIO TURBO HYPER BLACK RIMS WITH 215 45 17 TIRES.... N THERE GREAT BUT THE PASSANGER REAR RUBS WHEN I HIT BUMPS ANDDIPS AT LIKE 40 MPH HOW DO I SOVE THIS PROBLEM??? I RECENTLY CHANGED MY STUTS IN THE REAR N LEFT THE STOCK SPRINGS... ALSO THE RIMS CAME WITH THESE 4 LIL PLASTICE RINGS THAT GO IN SIDE THEM COULD THAT BE MAAKING THEM SIT OUT FARER???? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT ON HOW TO FIX THIS THANX GUYS.....JON....92-LSCOUPE
The plastic peices are probably your hubcentric rings, it makes your rims centered on the hub. Another problem could be your offset, what's your offset? is it too low? Does your tires stick out pass the fenders?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i cant get the offset from alessio but i know the fit the car they dont stick out from the top of the well

·
Registered
100 Posts
take off your 17" rims, normally on the back of the spokes, or at the inner edge of your rims, there should be some etched wording, you will see something like 17x7JJ and another number that is prolly between 30mm to 50mm.. that 30-50 number is your offset, you could have a very low offset wheel (in the low 30s or even below that). The lower the number, the more your tires sit out. if worse comes to worse, get a camber kit, or get the car re-adjusted for the coilovers (if you did a drop on your car). Another thing is that if you are rubbing on the right, and not on the left, you could have a very bad alignment problem.. see what your camber measurements are and get a camber kit, that usually fixes most problems for 17" rims with 215/45 tire packages. :)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
sAnE said:
i cant get the offset from alessio but i know the fit the car they dont stick out from the top of the well
As for the offset, even if it doesn't stick out it still could be too low, especially for the rear. If you are running an offset of anything less than +45mm, that is your problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am running 40mm offsets at 225/40/18 with 18"x7" rims... I think you just have a bad alignment or you have a lot of heavy passengers or stuff in your car.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
im running 215/35 with my 18s lowered about 2in and i still dont rub. i have a +45 offset. maybe i am lucky witht hem or somethng i dono

1 - 13 of 13 Posts