Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
The midwest sucks when it comes to weather.

As to LA vs Chicago, put it this way:
I applied to 22 hospital programs for residency training (what you have to do after med school). 21 are in LA. 1 at UCSF.

My Accord is holding up well in the midwest. Good thing the Legend doesn't have to deal with this crap weather.

I think people in IL drive slower than in CA. People in WI drive pretty fast though.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Residency interviews are done. I interviewed at a lot of good programs: UCLA, UCI, Kaiser OC, Kaiser Woodland Hills, Kaiser Fontana, Northridge, Long Beach....

Here is the deal with tuition. It's way too high. Period. Only go for it if you can get some deal. Otherwise, go to MBA or lawschool and come out, make $$, and not deal with residency (150 hr/wk for $30K a year).

My tuition (since I'm out of state) at the University of Illinois is $40,000 a year. Not including living expenses. But I'm in a combined degree program. I'm getting an MBA in addition to the MD when I come out (in 2 months:) ). By being in the program, I get my tuition waived. Tuition = $500 a semester for me now, I still have to pay the fees. But I come out with no loans. In order to get the tuition waived, I have to work on campus though. I work in a computer lab. I'm at work right now. It's not bad at all. I get my legend forums surfing done.:) Plus I get $600 a month = money for the Legend and Accord.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
STEP I = a royal pain. 7 hours of testing, 350 MC questions. I f-ed that thing up. Barely passed. Just tell your brother to study and memorize a lot.

I recently took Step II. 8 hours of testing, 400 MC questions. I did better this time (tried not to get distracted by the Legend and Wolfenstein). Got above average. Again, memorize a bunch of crap.

JJJ: You don't have to do a residency for optometry, right? Do you know where you are going for school next year?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts