Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i cant let this go... i checked under my car and saw this craaaap.
i ran my car again to get the fluids going again.. but still no leaking anymore.. ???

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Umm just to let you know, stick with one thread. You don't want to keep making new ones and a lot of people here hate that. Just to let you know. Looks like coolant is coming somewhere on the right side. Maybe check your radiator hoses.

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
check the hoses on the driver rear side of your engine

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i think i will just drive it lightly until monday and give it to the mechanic to take a look at it. and sorry about the multi creations of threads.. dont mean to be an azzhole. :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wouldn't recommend driving a car much at all if it's loosing coolant. You're likely to loose too much coolant and end up with a BHG instead of just a leaking hose, wp, thermo housing, or radiator.

·
Registered
380 Posts
well try and look at the back of the engine and see if any hoses are leaking back there?

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well. hmm heres the whole story. i went to the mall to pick up a friend, the car prior to that has NEVER leaked or nothing... when i parked i didnt really notice anything, then i went in for about 10-15 minutes, and came back out .. i noticed a puddle.. and looked around .. maybe it was there b4 i parked.. but .. it was definately coming from my car.. so i just left the car there.. just incase something big has happened.. so then after 30-40 minutes.. i refilled the radiator.. it didnt even leak that much..*wierd*... so i just drove 20 minutes back home, there was no coolant leaking while driving .. not is there any leaking coolant now while parked in the garage...

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the more i check it, the more i think its the water pump that needs to be changed.. ... im still reading that crazy thread with like a 100+ pages :p hahaha but so far.. i feel safe.. BHG would consist of a lot of thick smoke from the exhaust? .. its obviously a leak somewhere.. i smell the coolant..

·
Registered
68 Posts
A BHG won't always have a bunch of white smoke, it might even be unnoticeable if it's just a SHG. You also won't always have chocolate milk oil and coolant, it can be a combustion chamber to coolant passage leak. I wouldn't start worrying about a BHG yet if you're not having any symptoms, mysterious coolant loss, obvoius things, like chocolate milk and thick white clouds, visibly leaking head, compression loss, etc. However, if you continue to drive it whilst leaking coolant, you're in danger of BHG. Just look at it yourself to see if any hoses or anything else is leaking. the WP does leak out of a weap hole to show that the wp needs replacing. Check the WP and see if it's leaking.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but what would cause this problem? besides.... age of the hose's obviously.?

·
Registered
93 Posts
chance of it being the coolent hose for the diff. i was just researching the removal for the fun of it and though that this might apply.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would recommend investing in some UV coolant, sometime called leak detector. After you mix the additive to your coolant and run the engine under a UV light, it should show you exactly where your leak is coming from.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Umm just to let you know, stick with one thread. You don't want to keep making new ones and a lot of people here hate that.
^What he said. Dude, you had 4 different treads about the same problem. Major waste of bandwidth and more importantly, people's time. Make one thread and be done with it. If you're that freaked out about something, go get a steak & a BJ. You'll feel much better.

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
but what would cause this problem? besides.... age of the hose's obviously.?
Age alone is a perfectly acceptable justification for anything that happens on a 13+ year old car... *especially* when it comes to rubber hoses that are heat cycled every time you drive the vehicle.

Think about it... every day every one of the 22 cooling system hoses on your motor go from ambient temperature with standing fluid in it to something near the temp at which water boils with water being forced through it by a pump. That's a great deal of stress and ample opportunity for failure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The same thing is happening to my 94L as the guy who started this post. I drove it around the block. Strong coolant smell. I checked under the car near the back part of the engine like suggested and there was the leak.

I got a flashlight and shined it diagonal from the drivers side down toward where i saw the leak from under the car. It was behind the engine near the bottom. I saw the source of the leak where there is a hose is attached by a triangular looking connection. I hope I'm making sense.

Any suggestions on what might have happened? BHG was done less than a year ago. Hopefully not another.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts