Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing to re-install my OEM radio and I just noticed a wire near the harness that is not plugged into the plug. However, the plug is not missing a wire coming out the back of it. Also, I looked in my factory repair manual and can not find where it might go to or what it is for. I feel its probably for some option, but I never noticed it before and just thought I'd see if anyone knows about it. Its a bluish-grayish wire with the typical silver dots along it. I'm trying to include a picture here.

Attachments

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Terrible Feedback

So, I plugged in the radio just to be sure everything was working, got this terrrrrible feedback. I think it may just be because I don't have the radio bolted in, which I guess grounds it, but I'm hoping that wire is not a ground wire also? No one knows??? I see this thread has gotten some views but no replys. Am I just crazy???

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured Out One Part

Well I figured out that the blue wire is to my steering wheel controls, which pisses me off . . . . I always wondered why they didn't work! I still don't know why I'm getting such bad feedback, I get less now that I moved the ground to where the factory repair manual suggests it should be. But less is not good enough. Anyone else have trouble with feedback like that? I seem to just be posting for my own benefit . . .

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
theres a blue plug that goes into the back of the radio in hte separate plugs, thats what the blue wire is for.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
You need a real solid ground.btw I have that blue wire with the plug connected. Pm me your address,I'll drop it in the mail for you.
Mark.

·
Registered
643 Posts
be more specific about the feedback your hearing. do you hear it when playing a cd or just radio.... or is it only if the engine is running... or is it literally all the time.

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Turns out the "feedback" hasn't changed at all, as I thought it had at one point. I figured out that if I unplug the plug on the amp for the back speakers it stops. I even swapped amps to see if that changed anything -it didn't.
The "feedback" is a constant high pitch beep/tone. Its not a squeel it really sounds like a constant high pitched beep.
Occurs when the key is on -position II- and when the car is running. Occurs both when the radio is playing, and a tape. Haven't been able to play a CD yet, I actually just got a CD changer and haven't f*d with that yet because of this situation.
I have the ground wire hooked up as the factory repair manual suggests, with a brass screw even -I don't think grounding has anything to do with it. This "feedback" (if thats what it is) is eminating strictly from the rear speakers.
I am so aggravated. I feel like I've tried everything. I know that blue wire has nothing to do with it, thats just for the steering wheel remote. I swapped amps. I've moved the ground wire to every possible location, I know I have a good solid ground. I took the driver side rear 6x9 out and inspected the connections, everything looks solid. I didn't look at the passenger side yet, guess I'll check that tomorrow, but . . . I'm not hopeful about that. I hope its not my head unit. I'll be pissed.
Maracura91, I'd love to get my hands on that plug, I'll PM you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts