Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Both of these events are being held specifically for our group, and both parties involved have requested a specific head count in order to plan time accordingly. Please only post up if you've registered already, and seriously plan on attending either/or both of these events. I need to get this count back to the Ground Team as quickly as possible so we can finalize the schedule.

Dyno (1-3 pulls depending on time vs. cost)
1. Alperovich
2. Blackend
3. legend89chopped
4. sleeprlegendcp

Auto-X (4-10 runs depending on attendance and time) Should be around $40-$50 per person for the entire event
1. Alperovich
2. Blackend
3. ymisoqt
4. Pinyix
5. sleeprlegendcp
6. lgnd4u2nv

As a note - these options will be added to the registration form immediately for those of you who haven't registered yet.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Pardon my girly dumbassness, can you tell me what Dyno and Auto-X is?

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Pardon my girly dumbassness, can you tell me what Dyno and Auto-X is?
Dyno = A machine you drive your car on to determine the horsepower & torque numbers at the wheels

Auto-X = Is a cone track set up in a large parking lot. The SCCA runs them all over the country. There is timing equipment so we can get accurate times for each run.

Solo II or Autocross is an event where the driver's ability to control a car is tested. A course is set up in a large parking lot defined by pylons. Each car takes turns negotiating the course while being timed. Speed is kept down to what one would experience on the street. Risk to the cars and drivers are very minimal. Drivers are asked to take a shift working the course (picking up pylons that are hit) to keep the event going.

The majority of drivers compete in their regular street cars with little to no modifications. People also race from open wheel cars to trucks. Any car safe for use on the street is suitable for autocross. The cars must pass a safety inspection (battery not loose, seat belts in good shape, etc.)

Car handling is more important than power. Skilled drivers in sedans often beat the novice in sports cars. The cars are divided into groups based on preparation (Stock classes--basically as delivered from the manufacture; Street Prepared classes--suspension and external engine modifications; Prepared classes--major modifications to suspension, body, and engine; Modified classes--purpose built race cars). There are different classes in each preparation group which separates cars of different potential (a Corvette in Super Stock does not race a Neon in E Stock, but the preparation rules are the same).
We won't have to work the course, and there will be no class divisions.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Hmm. Sounds fun, but you will not catch me racing my car. I'm too scared! Not of racing, but of wrecking my car or breaking something, lol. Thanks anyways, I will just watch!

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Helmet question for autox, will tehre be any provided or BYOH?

Hmm. Sounds fun, but you will not catch me racing my car. I'm too scared! Not of racing, but of wrecking my car or breaking something, lol. Thanks anyways, I will just watch!
you don't have to push your car hard at first. take it slow, its fun eitehrway!! the most fun when your actually racing!

search around for some video's i've posted in the past of my coupe autoxing and on the dyno. its in the video's section.

if yuo do not end up racing, i'm sure you can get a chance to jump in as a passenger with someone else.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Helmet question for autox, will tehre be any provided or BYOH?

you don't have to push your car hard at first. take it slow, its fun eitehrway!! the most fun when your actually racing!

search around for some video's i've posted in the past of my coupe autoxing and on the dyno. its in the video's section.

if yuo do not end up racing, i'm sure you can get a chance to jump in as a passenger with someone else.
I will have to think about it. It sounds like fun, I may consider...

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
There were quite a few women at the Solo II I went to on Sunday. One had a black Toyota Yaris, and she was kicking butt on the track! It is totally up to you how you drive it. You can squeel your tires through every corner, or just make some nice paced truns. Wait until the incar video from 2005 is posted!

Helmets are provided, but if you have your own bring it. There are only so many helmets.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Ok, fine. I will do it, as long as no one makes fun of me if I suck. I might as well make the most of this trip, it is my yearly vacay.

Crap, right as I wrote this I remembered I didn't mail my registration and now I can't find the damn envelope. Crap. Ok, I have to call the hotel and get my confirmation number for my reservation, then I will register, and you can put me on the list and I'm going to AutoX just to say I did it.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Ok, fine. I will do it, as long as no one makes fun of me if I suck. I might as well make the most of this trip, it is my yearly vacay.

Crap, right as I wrote this I remembered I didn't mail my registration and now I can't find the damn envelope. Crap. Ok, I have to call the hotel and get my confirmation number for my reservation, then I will register, and you can put me on the list and I'm going to AutoX just to say I did it.
:woot:

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, i'll be bringing my Bike helmet and my racing helmet i'm about to buy (b/c the track i'm going to be going to this summer doesn't allow bike helmets for cars )
SA2005 or better FTW! The reason most track's don't allow M-rated helmets is because they aren't tested against fire like the SA's are. If your bike catches on fire...just get off! Not so easy in a car...

BTW - I bought this one: Pyrotect Helmet - Open Face SA2005 and I love it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts