Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Legend needs a lift. I noticed that the front and back bumpers are starting to sag a bit and creating a small gap between the bumpers and the body. Is there any way to lift them back up?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I think there might have been a recall on some of the legends for the rear bumper mounts. Thats what I think it is. You may just need to tighten the mounts.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I really doubt there's a recall on that.

I don't know why people think there are so many recalls for the legend.

Fact is: There have only been 2 recalls ever issued for G2 legend. 1st: 91-92 LS amps were recalled due to a fire hazzard, the bose amp might short circuit and catch fire.

2nd: 91 Legends with certain range of VIN# had a throttle body recall.

Truth is, manufactures will only recall a product if the product poses a safety hazzard to the consumers. They don't really give a crap if the parts broke every other week, cuz that's just more money for them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
That may be true... recall wise...

Now TSBs are a whole nuther story, cause, there have been an ass load of those.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
I really doubt there's a recall on that.

I don't know why people think there are so many recalls for the legend.

Fact is: There have only been 2 recalls ever issued for G2 legend. 1st: 91-92 LS amps were recalled due to a fire hazzard, the bose amp might short circuit and catch fire.

2nd: 91 Legends with certain range of VIN# had a throttle body recall.

Truth is, manufactures will only recall a product if the product poses a safety hazzard to the consumers. They don't really give a crap if the parts broke every other week, cuz that's just more money for them.
I read it on the same page I read the throtle body recall and the bose amp recall on. It said something like the rear bumper may sag and actually fall off on some models. I read it like a year ago so I dont remember the specifics. If anyone knows that page it is there....

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can someone please tell me where these mounts are so I can try to tighten them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.