Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to do some upgrades but would like some input.
If you know of a place online to purchase any of these items I would like to know.

I want to replace all of the stock speakers with some nice aftermarket ones that require no modifying in terms of installation.
Basically take out the old and put in the new.

What sub should I put in the car that is easy to install and hookup to the stock BOSE stereo.

Want to add a alarm/keyless entry. Can't decide whether to get the factory one or an aftermarket one.

Maybe some indiglo's for the dash guages.

Clear corners and clear front bumpers.

I would like to get an intake but don't know which one to go with. I am trying to find a setup that brings the intake to the front bumper if possible. The more cold air the better. " RAM - Cold air induction"

I am looking to get some bigger rims but don't know what the recommended size is besides the factory 15in. I don't want any rubbing!

Your input is greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi,

I have a 1993 Legend L sedan

As far as the sound system. I was told that each speaker has it's own amp connected to it. If you want other speakers the entire system has to be re-wired. I have Blaupunkt 3 ways in the back and Blaupunkt 2 ways in the front. I went with the JVC Kameleon stereo for right now. It's coming out REAL SOON!!!!!

I don't know to much as far as intake, I haven't gotten that far.

I did choose an aftermarket alarm. My factory alarm is still active. Depending on where I am, I might use both alarms. LOL LOL

I did get rid of them 15's though. I went to 17's, I have some Kaizer rims with Falken ZIEX 215/45/17" tires. My Mechanic told me that 18's are really the biggest you should go, but I'm sure people have differing opinions on that.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Whas up thomas,
Since my last post reminded me about noting mods in my sig, I decided to get off my a$$ and do list them. Just like cristalen I went with 17's. Some guys go bigger but once you hit 18's you must have different suspension to accomidate them. A good place to find stuff is on eBay but make sure you consult the board on things that you have never heard about other LEGEND owners using for mods. Holla!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Look in the Audio Section or do a search about the Bose system. It really makes it difficult to upgrade. The G2 Bose system doesn't have an amp on each speaker, that's on the G1. However, the G2 system is 2ohm, and you cannot simply drop in new speakers into it, because they are generally 4ohm.

As far as alarm/keyless entry, go aftermarket. Stock alarm/keyless entry upgrades from Acura are not shock sensitive. They wont go off unless the door is opened, or the hood is opened... and if they try to start the car without the key I assume. Aftermarket would provide better protection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not so fast

Since you mentioned that you have factory 15in wheels, I am assuming that you have an L model as opposed to an LS/GS (in case you don't know, the LS/GS has digital climate control and a power passenger seat.) If that assumption is correct, each speaker does not have its own amp. That only applies to the LS/GS model and not the L. However, if you infact do have an LS/GS then what the other guy said is correct.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lights and more...

Clear corners are super easy (like 10 minutes) and cheap. Try AutoDynamic.com and be sure and order 194 light bulbs...super white if you want to match xenon type headlights, otherwise just a pair of orange to put in the back of the clear corners to stay relatively legal. Clear bumper/turn lights are there too. A little harder to install though.
There are several postings here on the intakes. ProParts.com runs auctions on ebay all the time. I bought a K&N intake...yes guys I agree, a K&N filter with a generic intake but damn it sounds and feels great with a high quality lifetime cleanable filter element. Should run around $85-100. There is a member on this forum who works for or with Weapon-R. If you are going name brand, should buy theirs.
The wheels and tires are gonna run you at least $900 for 17's. Try tirerack.com. They have a neat site where you can "see" the wheels on your car and provide excellent service. The best is to have them mount, balance, and ship the tire/wheels complete to your front door and you do the install.
As to the stereo thing, you can add a huge aftermarket amp that runs from high power/speaker lines. This is not the cleanest way to reproduce audio but a car driving at 80MPH is not exactly an LA sound stage either. Behind that amp, you can change the speakers to fit your taste (crank, thump thump, or jazz). The Legend speakers are fairly common sizes so you should have plenty of choices. Let someone else do the install...fronts require taking the door panels off, backs require pulling out the rear deck (otherwise you bust off all the mounting pins that hold the covers on). Have them mount the sub to the front of the trunk/seat back it will crank right on through from there. IMHO the most important component(s) in this are the amps. Get the biggest, best, baddest amps you can afford. They will make even cheap or OK speakers sound great.
Have fun with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts