Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night My Acura got egged and I think the finish has been ruined, but since the car is white I can't tell. It was smeered all over the driver's door, the fender, and the side mirror. There is a spot on the car where the paint is chipped due to the egg being thrown at. I have already washed it with soap and water. Is there any way I can fix the paint myself or will it need to be repainted? It's not noticable after I washed it off, but I am still concerned. I'm so pissed :mad: Thanks.

·
Leaving the lights on
1,118 Posts
I seriously seriously hope you got pics before. Esp. of that chip.

Any ideas who did it?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think you should rub the problems areas with polish and see if that cleans it up. Sucks, I'd be upset. Kids needs to learn.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey man the same thing happened to my 240 sx i smoked a guy in a mustang with a pro charger the night before so thats who i think it was. guys with "american muscle" usually are narrow minded and do this stuff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I seriously seriously hope you got pics before. Esp. of that chip.

Any ideas who did it?
It could have been my 17 year old neighbor, his friends, or some other random kids in the neighborhood. Another one of my neighbors had their Mercedes and Nissan Maxima egged also, so I wasn't a target for anyone that I know of. I'm gonna take pictures of the chip, but if I told someone that an egg was thrown they wouldn't notice.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Definitely try polish first. Scratch-x or megaiars #83 (if you can find it). Don't let it sit too long, even being washed, you want to get it out soon.
Meguiars #83 ftmfw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news. Even though that chip of paint is still on there I was able to polish the car and clayed it. Looks great now, and I strongly believe that I saved the finish. Feels smoother now than when I first bought it. Thanks for your advice guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts