Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was driving down where the speed limit is 35, i was goin like 40, a school zone comes up, the speed limit is 20 in the school zone, cop pulls me over and gives me a 130 dollar ticket, 25 for school zone, plus 10 bux no seat belt, anyways she said there was a flashing light to notify me of the school zone times for the 20mph speed limit. I went back and sure enough the school zone sign and light, BUT the light is burnt out, so i didnt even know it was a school zone time, so i called the police dept. and had them send out an officer to look at the light, and he wrote me a note to take to court saying the light was not flashing during the 3-4 school zone time on 5/28/02,to notify me of the 20mph speed limit, so what should i say when i go to court, to have a good arguement, also any pointers to help me out when i go there, like dressing up? thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
You covered all your bases there.
They'll throw this out when you go to court.

It's like saying "there's a 55 mph speed limit" and the speed limit sign's tore down. How would you know?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Make sure you have a written statement to give to the judge before you go in. That way she/he can go by whatever you say. for example...... "Your Honor, as stated on line 4, the light was was out and that an officer has noted that it was out."

This way you are more professional and they are most likely to throw it out. This works for speeding tickets sometimes too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help, so with the written statement, just write down everything that i pretty much told you guys? and give the judge a copy of it, sorta like a script of what i would be saying in court? ill let you guys know what happens i dont have court till june 26th, but ill etl u know

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Just go to court and say exactly what u told us. Then give the judge the note that the officer gave you. The judge will dismiss that ticket, but you will probably have to pay the seat belt fine.

You may not even have to do that b/c i'm sure the officer who wrote the ticket (who's an idiot b/c he wasn't doing his job correctly) will speak to u before the trial- Just tell him and show him the note and he may even tell the judge to dismiss it.
Make sure the note has the name and shield number of the officer who verified that the lights were out.
I would even go and video tape the lights not flashing, around the same time, - If they didn't fix it yet.

Your all set man don't worry about it

Esti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts