Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change spark plugs and am looking for advice. Should I get NGK Iridiums, Nippon Denso Iridiums, or stick with the OEM platinum plugs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
847 Posts
Armayo said:
A friend of mine installed Bosch Platinum +4's and he really liked 'em. They come pre-gapped so ya just throw 'em in and roll.
but the thing is that bosch doesn't have any spark plugs for legends according to their online application guide. And +4's can't be gapped without the proper tool. What model of +4 did he get?

·
Registered
629 Posts
claus44 said:

but the thing is that bosch doesn't have any spark plugs for legends according to their online application guide. And +4's can't be gapped without the proper tool. What model of +4 did he get?
I went to autozone(parts) today to find out what the deal was. I went over to the counter and asked did they have +4s for the Legend. So the dude goes into the "back" and comes out and says " we have 'em for 86-90" I asked did he have 'em for 91-95 and he goes into the "back" again and comes out and says "we don't have any here, but do you want me to order 'em for ya" I just had the 60K service 200mi ago so I said naaaa. So I don't know maan. My friend has an 88 Ford Ranger 2.3. I paid a lot for those OEM platinums, so I believe all those choices are cheaper than OEM

·
Registered
83 Posts
I run the NGK-R's in my car with my nitrous set up and they work like a charm.... didnt burn up or foul out even when i had a blown headgasket...

:p

·
Registered
47 Posts
jime said:
I need to change spark plugs and am looking for advice. Should I get NGK Iridiums, Nippon Denso Iridiums, or stick with the OEM platinum plugs?

Thanks,
I just ordered some $500+ parts from http://foreigncarpartsonline.com/ and they gave me $9.00 per plug for the Denso Iridium. You might give them a shot, oh, tell them about the legend forum for discount :D hope this helps some! :)

eddie
95 LS coupe 6sp

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I run only Champions (if they're good enough for my Lawnmower, then they're good enough for my Legend....!) So jus kidding... get the NGK's...

·
Registered
83 Posts
there are 3 auctions on ebay right now for the lazer platinum ngk-r spark plugs with a buy it now option for 35 buck,,,, which pisses me off because I just got shafted for 12.66/each... happy bidding

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
I use NGK Copper plugs, feels like i get better spark, and all 6 together cost less than one platinum, Works for me :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Anyone tried the NGK VX (platinum)? I ordered some off ebay recently.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
DSMKiller said:
I use NGK Copper plugs, feels like i get better spark, and all 6 together cost less than one platinum, Works for me :)
Smart man. Right now I have the NGK platinums only because it was in there after my 60K service. Hower, I now have 85K miles, so I'll be dropping in some copper NGK plugs this time around.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
assmaster said:
can anyone else testify to the reliability of the bosch spark plugs?
My brother put a set of Bosch Platinums (single gound electrode)in his '93 Bronco. Changed the wire set too.

In a couple of weeks, the plug in the #5 cylinder blew its porcelain guts out. The porcelain was still attached to the plug wire in one piece. The shell was still in the cylinder head. No evidence of mechanical damage. Just blew out of the shell. Burned the plug wire boot too.

So, he goes back to where he bought the plugs and wires. They give him a new wire and plug. A week later, this plug blows its guts too. Same story as before.

So far so good, on the third Bosch plug.

I'll just stick with NGK, thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts