Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Glad to be back in the forum.

Does anyone know a good place to get new Legend parts cheap?

I'm also looking to replace the power antenna which just broke off. The dealer wants $260 plus installation... which is crazy. Any suggestions for good aftermarket, used, or cheap new ones?

Thanks,

·
Registered
293 Posts
I suspect your antenna mast broke - not the motor. Do you hear the motor running when you turn the car off (radio on)? If so, merely replace the mast - fairly easy DIY job. It was one of my first DIY jobs and I will be happy to help. The mast at the dealer was about $58.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, just the antenna mast broke, only when I took it to the dealer, turns out it's an aftermarket one and they can't just replace the mast (as I was hoping for). So I'm stuck needing to buy a whole new mast and motor.

Got any suggestions?

Rick90Legend said:
I suspect your antenna mast broke - not the motor. Do you hear the motor running when you turn the car off (radio on)? If so, merely replace the mast - fairly easy DIY job. It was one of my first DIY jobs and I will be happy to help. The mast at the dealer was about $58.

·
Registered
293 Posts
With only 55k miles, hard to believe the motor was replaced previously. I understand from my local dealer those antenna motors last quite a while. I would take out the motor and look at it and confirm what the dealer told you. If it is an aftermarket, then see if there is a brand name on the motor and then maybe via the internet you can order a mast from that company. If you want OEM, try junk yard or else pay retail at dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts