Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 10 inch audiobahn that max out at 900watt. i was looking for an amp and the rating was in the terms of RMS power. i can wire my sub up for 2/4 ohms. I dont want to much power but maybe 600 watt to push my sub, but the amp only says like 175 RMS at 2/4 ohms. what am i reading?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
RMS is what power it runs at ALL of the time. you almost never see that peak power.

its not about pure power. ask tubadude. he heard my 200 watt single ten set up.

anyway. find out the RMS power rating of that sub. then come back to me. and i'll help you pick out an amp.. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
find out how much power the sub handles RMS. if its 900 peak then it could be anywhere in the 300-500 rms range. Sounds like the amp you're looking at may underpower it a bit.

edit: the link you posted above says that it handles 900 watts rms. Now, the link also says that the sub has dual 4 ohm voice coils. this means that you will want to wire it to either a) a 2 channel amp in which you use 1 voice coil for each channel or b) a monoblock amp in which you run the voice coils in parallel at a 2 ohm load. look for a monoblock amp that puts out around 900 rms at a 2ohm load is my suggestion.

·
Registered
650 Posts
yeah it will cost some dough. see how it sounds with 400 rms on it but you probably wont get the most out of it. if you have to turn the gain on the amp up a lot to sound loud then you'll know that the amp cant give the sub enough juice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.