Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the rim size and offset that I am thinking of getting for my G2 Coupe. What mods (if any) do I have to do to make these fit? Right now the car is stock as far as suspension and springs. Thanks for your help. Also the rims have been redrilled by approx 3mm. Will this hurt the integrity of the rim, cause stress points, make the rim weaker, etc. Oh, the rim is chrome.

Need help and advice bad before I spend the loot gettin' 'em.

Ghost

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Those rims are way too wide and the offset is way too low, it's gonna stick out about 2 inches from the fender.

By redrilling, you mean the center bore or the offset?

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Hmmm...8.5 width, 35 offset. You're going to need at least 45 offset to get them to fit. If you have the center shaved to increase offset, that's going to be 1 cm of material removed. The wheel is going to be too weak after that.

I would look for a higher offset rim.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
E K said:
Hmmm...8.5 width, 35 offset. You're going to need at least 45 offset to get them to fit. If you have the center shaved to increase offset, that's going to be 1 cm of material removed. The wheel is going to be too weak after that.

I would look for a higher offset rim.
I agree.
+35 will be way too much..unless you plan on raising your car, I would not suggest that. +40 is the DROP DEAD size that will fit with minimal rubbing..and that is with no lowering. +42 and above and you are a happy camper

here's mine on 18's with +42 offset.
I also have close ups of my car lowered from side and rear views in my signature link

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
With an 8.5 width, you will most likely need at least a +48 offset.

Here's Fut's set-up with 8 X 8.5 BBS wheels with a custom +48 offset.

·
Registered
120 Posts
No way, stay away from 8 in. plus rims. Your gonna regret it. I noticed a lot of people giving out offset advice with offsets that have worked for them. That's great, but that advice is not worth anything unless you know the width of the rim they are talking about. This is critical in choosing a rim. The offset needed for a 7 in. rim is different than a 7.5 in rim, 8 in ect... And when you are cutting an offset close to the minimum, different manufactures may or may not rub. There's been several people that have the same offset with the same width, but from different manufactures.
One person may not have scrubbing while the other one does. If you keep this in mind and do your research you should be able to find a rim you like that fits properly.

Good Luck

G

·
And then you have to take into account that lowering is a factor which if you are getting new rims will most likely happen in the future if it already hasn't happend. Back when I got rims, I had no intention of lowering my car. Now my new springs and shocks are going on on Tuesday :D ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice! This is why I come to this forum everyday.:D! I know nothing about rims, offsets, widths, etc. I have never bought any rims for any car that I have ever owned. I saw the rims, I liked them, and I wanted them. And I almost bought them! I called the people at the shop, and they said that the rims would fit with NO PROBLEMS what-so-ever! I guess they were just trying to make a sale being that the shop is in St. Louis and I am in VA. I would have had to pay to ship them back.......if they took them back! Here is the link to the rims on EBAY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&showTutorial=0&ed=1011820046&indexURL=0&rd=1

If anyone has the time, please check it out for me. I checked with rim shops in this area, and everyone told me that these rims are truck rims.

WhiteLegend, I am not sure what he meant by redrilling. This is the number 1-888-443-6377. The rims are definitely tight (to me anyway) and I think they would look good on my Coupe. Here is a pic. Thanks again for everyones help and advice. Dayum! Back to looking for rims again, and this tax return check is burning a hole in my pocket.:D :D :D

Ghost

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts