Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i turn on the headlights, none of the interior lights come on such as the lights that illuminate the cluster, the ac lights, radio lights, etc. The dome light works , but the lights that are supposed to come on when you turn on the headlights don't come on. Does anybody know what the problem could be?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
ShowDiscipline said:
When i turn on the headlights, none of the interior lights come on such as the lights that illuminate the cluster, the ac lights, radio lights, etc. The dome light works , but the lights that are supposed to come on when you turn on the headlights don't come on. Does anybody know what the problem could be?
Wow, you have a lot or problems with your Legend !
1st : the Radio & Clock
2nd: your tail light
and now this problem !

You have an electrical problem around your car. There´s somewhere a ground circuit problem. Somewhere in your cables.
What about your fuses in the kick panel (driver side, left) ? Are these ok ? If not and you replace an new fuses. What happens?
Is the replaced fuse again burn out ? If yes, then (like I was saying) you have a great disaster with you complete wirings !!!

Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Need to check the Integrated Control Unit. Ex. Pages 23-168-23-174 in 92 CPE HELM Manual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leon, MikeD, ChrisK, LPB, thanks for all the help. It turns out the problem was from a sloppy uninstall of stereo equipment by the previous owner. MikeD, what you mentioned was exactly what was happening, the fuses for the tailight and backup kept blowing. The radio that was left in the car and the kick panel fuse box had several open end wires without the ends taped up. Once I removed the wires from the fusebox and taped the open ended wires from the radio, everything worked. Thanks a lot guys for saving me from spending a lot of money at some electrician.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.