Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally wired up everything using the harnesses and whatnot and everything works! The only problem now is, how and where do I mount the amp, I see two screw holes in the body that look like the amp went there but all I have is the amp and a very small L shaped bracket coming off of one of the bolt holes on the amp. Am I missing a bracket or something or am I doing something wrong. Either way this kind of sucks because all of the seats are out and I am not going to put it back together without that amp secured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hope this picture helps.

You just need 3 10MM screws to secure it.

The L bracket secures the amp to the wheel well side and should be at the bottom.

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
holy shit do you remove the rear seats to get at the amp?
how long does that take

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your amp and the rear seat

Yes, unfortunately, you do have to remove the seat to get to the amp. There's no other way to get to it in the sedan. To remove the seat, first pull out on the little tabs at the bottom of the seat cushion. This will release the catches and you can lift it out. Then, you have to remove the seat back. There are 4 (I think) bolts at the bottom and they are real knuckle busters. There are also 2 at the top. Remove the headrests and you'll see them if you peek thru the slot in the the back of the headrest area. It may take 2 people to lift the seat back out, one on each side. When I did mine, I'd get one side up and then when I'd lift the other side, the first side would go back in. Up. Down. Up. Down. It was like a scene out of a 3 Stooges movie. :rofl: I'm very mechanically challenged and it took me less than 20 minutes. Normal people will do it much faster.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SO much for the picture that did it; by the way, taking out the rear seats is not hard at all, it is literally 6 bolts and a little manuvering and they come right out (the entire bottom cushion comes out with just two pull tabs). I took my time and it probably took about 20 minutes. Had I had some power tools and maybe a magnetic socket I could have had it out in probably 5 minutes.

Anyway, I rewired the bypass that the previous owner did got the amp in there and bam, now I have audio in my GS. A little later I mounted the OEM CD Changer only to see E-01 on my 2200 screen, blarg! I hope this is something simple but somehow I think I am going to be looking for a new CD changer really soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts