Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just bought an aftermarket keyless entry unit for my car ([url]http://www.12voltdirect.com/bk4123.asp)[/URL] and i need some help because i want to install it myself :)

First how do i remove the driver side kickpanel to access the wires? And secondly, what are the color codes for the wires? any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
CRAP!

that's not going to link where I want. O.K. just for my fellow legend owners I'll give you my password. You of course won't be able to buy from these guys unless you set up a dealer account with a tax id # and such.

user name: sylvester
password: caralarm

go down to the vehicle wiring database and click on that link.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k i still need help with a few wires...I've so far connected the const 12v input, ground, and parking lights, but i on my wiring diagram it shows: first unlock (-) , second unlock/disarm, and then door lock (-) each on a separate wire, how do i connect these to the legend?
Now i have more general questions, i was told that i do not need to connect 'parking light in',so i just connected the legend parking lights, to 'parking light out' also, since i'm connecting this to the legend stock alarm, do i need to wire 'starter kill output' and last question, is it necessary to wire 'ignition input' ? Basically i want the system to disarm the stock alarm when i unlock, and to arm it when i lock.
Thanks in advance, if you can please specifically help me locate the wires i'm missing i'd REALLY appreciate it :)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok, I've looked it up a bit so I can be more Specific...
Does our parking light wire put out Neg (-) or a Pos (+)?
as I asked before, i have door lock output, 1st unlock, and 2nd unlock/disarm...does that mean door lock is normal, 1st unlock is just the unlock, and 2nd unlock/disarm is wired to disarm the factory alarm? Also where is the interrupt circuit? this is what arms/disarms everything right? Last thing, where is the negative side of the horn relay circuit? thanks again :)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ANYONE PLEASE? Wyolegend, you've got PM :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts