Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Anyone Know how to Remove the Front Lower Left Garnish (or the Little black plastice ground effect part connected to the Mudflap) mines is cracked and i need to replace it......

Any help is greatly appreciated for those that know what im talkin about...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
On the coupe, in order to remove the side sill panel you have to remove the tire, unscrew at least the bottom 3 screws from the front inner fender splash shield. The two lowest screws hold the panel in place. The panel also is attached via body clips. After the screws are removed, you are supposed to shift the panel forward toward the wheel opening (to unattach the two top clips) and then straight out (perpendicular) from the body. Be careful as you do not want to damage any of the plastic retaining clips. Hope this is of assistance.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LPB ---- That is Very Helpfull Thank you.... Also I think that the retaining clip is already broken.... I think that is where my problem is..... So I have to order a new Garnish From Acura of Augusta, they have them For $18 shipped...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
rawdog805: Suggest you carefully inspect the body clips for damage as well. Sometimes the "channels" on the clip perimeter becomes damaged. The clips can also be ordered if required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.