Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I want to readjust my konis, and this time i want to do it myself rather than have a shop do it. I haven't taken them out before, but this is what I think is the way to do it. Correct me at any step. Thanks!

1) loosen top nuts of strut from under the hood, then jack it up and have jack stands under (oh yea, tire is taken off. hehe)

2) remove nuts on the top of the strut from under the hood

3) remove nut on the bottom where the sleeve is for the strut is

4) take the entire assembly out (but i'm not too sure how to get through the control arm. does the sleeve pivot or something?)

5) once out, put the spring compressor on

6) loosen top nut to relieve spring... and voila! :D

anything i should pay attention to? putting them back in are just the reverse steps, right? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would not encourage those without the proper tools (airtools, quality spring compressor, repair manual) to try this. What you listed is not even close. For the front:

1. Jack the front and remove the tire
2. Remove the two 10mm brake line screws
3. Place another jack under the entire front assembly
4. Remove the damper fork bolt and pinch bolt (the front lower assembly will drop)
5. Remove the damper fork for clearance
6. Remove the top three strut nuts from under the hood and the entire strut assembly will drop.
7. VERY DANGEROUS PART - Completely compress the spring assembly and then remove the top nut (stand clear of the top of the assembly)
8. Remove the spring and disassemble the strut
9. Adjust the strut and reassemble

Note: Theres a notch on the strut that must be aligned with the damper folk to allow the pinch bolt to properly seat. Make sure you don't reinstall the perches upside down or your Legend will look loop sided.

Here's pic for your reference http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5303

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i did mine in my garage with no air tools. Its sooo hard i would be happy to pay someone to adjust mine. By the way how much did u pay befor to have it done?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts