Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this maybe should be in the tech forum, but here goes

I got a used CD OEM changer Bracket kit for a Legend Sedan

after looking at it all, my only confusion is how to mount the brackets to the car with the CD Changer mounted to the brackets?

The trim peice seems to be pretty straight foward, but with the pocket removed and the trim peice inplace, do I 1st mount the brackets to the CD changer, than slide into the opening, but how do I than rear the bottom bolt holes to secure the bolts to the car???

If anyone has this proceedure etc, I would be of great help for when I go ahead and tackle this install this weekend.

Just want to make sure Im doing this correct the 1st time.

Regards, James S.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm not quite sure what your confusion is, but here's what I did (on a Coupe, btw)

You remove the trim and carpet ... it's one piece (there are a bunch of plastic clips holding the carpet in place... don't bust them!). Once this is out of the way, the L-brackets and bolts are nicely exposed ... 10mm socket (I think). To re install, mount the brackets to the changer, and bolt it to the trunck, then replace the carpet and trim.

Does that answer your questions? Sedan might be different, but probably not by much.

·
Registered
671 Posts
james - if i remember correctly, there are actually 3 parts to a cd changer bracket: one big bracket that bolts to the floor of the trunk, and two smaller thin pieces that mount the changer to that bigger bracket. you need to put in the bigger one first (i think it is atached with 10mm bolts), then attach the smaller pieses to the changer, and finally mount the changer to the bigger bracket. i have a question for you tho... you mentioned something about a pocket. do you have that side carpet piece that has the pocket in it that came on legends withoug a cd changer? and if so, how did it happen to come in your gs? if you are missing that bigger bracket piece, we may be able to work something out, as mine is not being used (and may never be). let me know...

wally

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wally, as far as I can see I have all the hardware

The Trim Peice that goes around the CD Changer
The Main bottom Bracket
The 2 smaller Brackets

Is there something that you need from my GS Sedan
that I will be taking out and not using again when I
install the changer?

Let me know.

James S

·
Registered
671 Posts
james - i am kind of confused... if this is in your new gs, then it should have come with all of the pieces for a changer, as i believe the gs came stock with one. basically, i am confused because you said something about taking a plastic pocket out and putting the trim piece for the changer in its place...i was under the impression that the lower trim models of legends came with that plastic pocket. anyway, in the case that you do have that plastic pocket, i think there is a specific bracket that it mounts to, similar to the bigger one that the changer mounts to. if that is the case, you need to peel back the carpet, like what scott said, remove that bracket (and the pocket, of course), and then go ahead wit the installation as i noted above. there is one other thing that i think i saw chrisk post before though... i think he said that according to acura, when you got a changer installed in a car that did not originally have one, they took out that whole side of the carpet with the pocket attached to it, and put in a whole new one with the changer trim piece attached. anyway, it sounds like you have enough info now... in terms of extra parts, if you do in fact have that pocket and the associated bracket, i would like to get my hands on one. hope this all helped, and thank you,

wally

1 - 5 of 5 Posts