Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 months ago I got new Koni shocks and suspension tech springs. Today I'm at the shop having a few things done. When I go to pick up the car my mechanic tells me that my front driver side shock is leaking a bit!

My mechanic is the most compitent and honest guy I know - I have been dealing with him for years, as has my dad and many friends. If he says its leaking, then its leaking. This means that the dammn thing is defective!

anyone else had this problem? Has anyone tried to RMA a defective Koni shock? Whats the procedure and will they give me a hard time about it??

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave.

P.S. While I do drive my Legend a little hard at times (c'mon, who here doesn't?!?!). I have never abused it and I know my failed Koni is not from subjecting the car to abusive conditions or poor roads...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had the same problem with one of mine. Just go to konis web site and downloard the rma request form. I thing you have to fill it out and fax it with the original sales receipt and a credit card number. You have to provide the credit card number just in case you don't send back the defective shock. They will then send a new one out to you and you will have 30 days to return the defective one before they charge you credit card. I sent mine out the same day it was dure back and they did not charge me. They were very easy to deal with and did not give me any crap about the exchange. I felt it went very smoothly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Koni's Good to Deal With

Back in the days of my 1985 IROC-Z, I thought my rear Konis were defective in that they rode hard as rocks. After a phone call, I got return instructions and shipped them back. The deal was that their engineers were going to test them to see if they were within specification range for stiffness.

Long story short, I received a new set of shocks very soon after sending back the old ones. Their conclusion? They never tested them because they found a leak in one of my old ones upon opening my package to them so they immediately decided to replace them!

You should have no problem.

BTW, My driver's side front Koni on my GS seems to be leaking, so I might soon be sending mine back too...

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
yep happened to me to. I have the Konis with suspension tech springs. Actually Koni sent me a front and rear one and not 2 fronts so i guess it doesnt count. But it was also messed up with little liquid in it

·
Registered
44 Posts
my front left seems to be leaking as well, cuz when i run over the dots on the freeway, it feels like a freaking pothole.
so i'm going to give koni a call and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.