Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up,

I am in on the interior group buy, and I'm going to be redoing my interior. What I need that is missing though is the interior carpet. Finding it in the junkyards is pretty hard, and Acura charges around $1000+ for a brand new one.

Has anyone bought any of the aftermarket interior carpet kits out there, like on the kinds on internet or something? Or does anyone know if they are of good quality or not? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, me too, I am having a hard time finding carpeting for my 91 Legend coupe, all the aftermarket companies that sell carpeting, only have them for 87-90, does anyone know where we can get the carpeting (i need black) for the 2ng gen coupes and sedans???
Thanks, Shawn:D

· Registered
4,119 Posts
The only source I have used is Auto Custom Carpets, but that was for a Corvette application. The problem is that the Acura carpet is a moulded carpet. Unless you can find a moulded carpet source which is not OEM, it would be best to buy an OEM carpet at discount from Acura of Augusta. A non-moulded carpet will be extremely difficult to fit correctly.

· C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
CARPET PROBLEMS...

I have a next door neighbor with a 93. His interior was perfect except for his carpet. What he did was took his old carpert out and took it to a local upholstry place and the covered it with another piece of carpet and siliconed the areas where the molded foam was.........do not know it this helped but it looks great........

· C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
CARPET PROBLEMS...

Just to keep the interior fresh.....(I am doing the samething right not to my 92 coupe....) it has 69 thousand miles..... I bought it at an auction. 1900.........no interior no windows fu....cked paint job wiring harness etc.....restored every thing....waiting to get internal of car perfect then off to the paint shop.......I have black and grey interior.......what color should I paint the car......also what can I do to get 20-30 more horses out of my type I..........?

· C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
CARPET PROBLEMS...

call me tom. I will research the name of the company that I got mine from..do not remember offhand.......looks better that stock..........no flaws............201-837-7568

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
If anyone wants the Auto Custom Carpet for 91-95 Legends in black I have it for sale. It's just sitting in my garage doing nothing. I have a blue one for my car.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
hotlavaflow said:
If anyone wants the Auto Custom Carpet for 91-95 Legends in black I have it for sale. It's just sitting in my garage doing nothing. I have a blue one for my car.
How much would you want for it?

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
hotlavaflow said:
i have a question... is it padded like oem carpet

and it probably doesnt have the cutouts either does it?

i was thinking about a group buy because i want white

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.