Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up,

I am in on the interior group buy, and I'm going to be redoing my interior. What I need that is missing though is the interior carpet. Finding it in the junkyards is pretty hard, and Acura charges around $1000+ for a brand new one.

Has anyone bought any of the aftermarket interior carpet kits out there, like on the kinds on internet or something? Or does anyone know if they are of good quality or not? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, me too, I am having a hard time finding carpeting for my 91 Legend coupe, all the aftermarket companies that sell carpeting, only have them for 87-90, does anyone know where we can get the carpeting (i need black) for the 2ng gen coupes and sedans???
Thanks, Shawn:D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The only source I have used is Auto Custom Carpets, but that was for a Corvette application. The problem is that the Acura carpet is a moulded carpet. Unless you can find a moulded carpet source which is not OEM, it would be best to buy an OEM carpet at discount from Acura of Augusta. A non-moulded carpet will be extremely difficult to fit correctly.

·
C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
CARPET PROBLEMS...

I have a next door neighbor with a 93. His interior was perfect except for his carpet. What he did was took his old carpert out and took it to a local upholstry place and the covered it with another piece of carpet and siliconed the areas where the molded foam was.........do not know it this helped but it looks great........

·
C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
call me

hey call me and I will tell you where he ordered the carpet from.......

·
C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
CARPET PROBLEMS...

call me at 201-837-7568 and I will give you some information on the type of carpet to buy201-837-7568 losaun

·
C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
CARPET PROBLEMS...

Just to keep the interior fresh.....(I am doing the samething right not to my 92 coupe....) it has 69 thousand miles..... I bought it at an auction. 1900.........no interior no windows fu....cked paint job wiring harness etc.....restored every thing....waiting to get internal of car perfect then off to the paint shop.......I have black and grey interior.......what color should I paint the car......also what can I do to get 20-30 more horses out of my type I..........?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a great idea.. recarpetting the old interior carpet.
Will it be too thick to reinstall though? Also, would it look like stock? Thanks.

·
C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
CARPET PROBLEMS...

call me tom. I will research the name of the company that I got mine from..do not remember offhand.......looks better that stock..........no flaws............201-837-7568

·
Registered
3 Posts
losuan-
i am thinking of doing an interior design on my 94 acura legend. if you could tell me the name of the company, much is appreciated.

thanks

·
'hood Garage
3,157 Posts
If anyone wants the Auto Custom Carpet for 91-95 Legends in black I have it for sale. It's just sitting in my garage doing nothing. I have a blue one for my car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Custom Carpets already molded for you Acura...

Guys,
I noticed some of you were looking to replace carpet in your Acuras. A friend of mine told me about this company that sell carpets that are molded for your type of car. I must say, I'm extremely happy with the results.
Check them out.....
Kevin...

http://www.automotiveinteriors.com

·
Fre OG
1,252 Posts
hotlavaflow said:
If anyone wants the Auto Custom Carpet for 91-95 Legends in black I have it for sale. It's just sitting in my garage doing nothing. I have a blue one for my car.
How much would you want for it?

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts
hotlavaflow said:
i have a question... is it padded like oem carpet

and it probably doesnt have the cutouts either does it?

i was thinking about a group buy because i want white

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi there, i bought an aftermarket carpet for my coupe and it fit horribly, i couldn't even use it, i gave up w/it. So i just took the factory carpet and died it black, it looks brand new now and fits, well lets just say factory, hehe. Hope this helps. Nate

1 - 20 of 25 Posts