Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK
I HAVE NEW SYSTEM IN MY CAR FOR LIKE A MONTH ALL THE WIRES ARE NEW I DID THAT BY MY SELF
NOW WHEN I LISTEN TO CD AFTER LIKE A MIN. I HEAR A SOMETHING LIKE U HAVE YOUR RADIO ON AND THE ANTENA DOESN'T CATCH RADIO STATION TO WELL U HEAR LIKE "Shhhhh"

SO I HEARI THAT WHEN I HAVE CD ON AND SOME SCRATHES TOO ITS NOT CD BC IN ALL MY CD I HEAR THE SAME THING
WAHT IS GOING ON CAN ANY ONE CAN HELP ME ?

THANX

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will get static thru the speakers > ??? what u mean by that ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
You said you did the wiring by yourself right?
What is your set-up? Any amps? Factory amp? Cuz, I asked a very similar question recently. If you have your power wire running to your amp and your speaker wires together, then you get NOISE (interference). I was told that the power wire should be run on the driver side of the car and the speakers/RCA wires should be run on the passenger side. Anyways, hope you fix your problem.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got all the wires on the driver side
is that really wrong

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
DJPolak said:
i got all the wires on the driver side
is that really wrong
Depends on what kind of wire and what size

If you're running an AMP with a 4 or 8 ga power wires running from the battery to the trunk, then definitly DO NOT run your speaker and RCA cables along with it.

Run your power cable on the driver side of the car, and your RCA and speaker cables down the passenger side of the car.

tell us more about your setup, then we can help you further.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got a wire for them amps i thing thay are 8 is kinda big wire bc its for 2 amps and i just split it on 2 amp u can get this kit in best buy for like 130 $ so that waht i have and i have all the wires on one side i got 2 amps for 300 W and sub but this problem i have for like 2 weeks i din't hear nothing after i install it but just now thare is some noises

i this i will have to do rewiring this weekend is its a reason of this noises thanx

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
if you're running two amps, I'm pretty sure the wire is a 4 ga. Is your wire size of a dime? that's how big a 4 ga is.

Anyways, I would still run your power on opposite side of your RCA and speaker. Then check all your grounding points, make sure they are solid. Diagnosing noise is a ***** to do, these 2 steps are just the first fundamentals of checking for noise. After you do that and still have noise, then you'll have to test each component of your system one at a time to narrow down the source of noise.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup is a size of dime
thanx for your help
and i hope that rewireing will end my problem

thanX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.