Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 93 sedan the right taillight won't come on when I turn on the lights. The brake light comes on and the turn signal works but it won't light up when i turn on the headlights. I've already attempted to change the bulbs but the problem still persists. Anybody know what the prooblem is?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Well, there is a 10A fuse and a 15A fuse for the tail light. I'm not sure if this is your problem since the 10A fuse is actually for the Left side tail lamp, and the 15A is I believe could be for the entire circuit, so I would think that is the 10A is blown, the left side wouldn't work, and if the 15A is blown, both sides wouldn't work, but it might be worth while to take a look.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If you are absolutely sure the bulbs are ok, then I would suspect a failed RT Brake Lamp Failure Sensor. If you have not already bought the HELM, give yourself an early birthday present and buy one today. Or, you can beg your local Acura dealer to photocopy Pg 23-167 of the 1992 HELM CPE Manual.

This assumes that the 15 amp (No. 49) fuse and the 10 amp (No. 48) are good and that the Ground (No. G451) - Center of rear trunk bulkhead is well grounded.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leon, MikeD, ChrisK, LPB, thanks for all the help. It turns out the problem was from a sloppy uninstall of stereo equipment by the previous owner. MikeD, what you mentioned was exactly what was happening, the fuses for the tailight and backup kept blowing. The radio that was left in the car and the kick panel fuse box had several open end wires without the ends taped up. Once I removed the wires from the fusebox and taped the open ended wires from the radio, everything worked. Thanks a lot guys for saving me from spending a lot of money at some electrician.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts