Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everynoe, injsut picked up some top of the line alpine speakers...6 1/2" and 6x9"s and i installed them myself. first of all, the 6 1/2" speakers in the front dont seem to fit into the molding cage thingy behind the speaker, resulting in the speakers pushing against the padded grill, which cant be good, so as of now theyre jsut dangling in there but they still sound great :). next problem...i picked up an alpine cde-7870, got a great deal, so i decided to attempt to install it myself. i removed the stock non bose head unit without a problem, but when i looked at the aftermarket wiring adapter harness, im left with 2 blue wires and i cant figure out where they connect to. i see a thick wire that looks almost like an RCA out, one with red tape and one with yellow. the red plugs into the back of my new head unit but they yellow one confuses me, i ahve no idea how to connect this gian wire to the little blue copper wire. anyone else encounter this problem, or am i on the wrong track all togeher??? now one last thing...i think i shorted out my interior lighting circuit, because nothing lights up anymore :(... any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx!

~JAY

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one thig i failed to mention...i looked in the trunk and saw 2 thin wires running to the antenna motor, a yello, a white, and a black. when i followed the yello and white ones to the underdash, they turn into blue and yellow wires when they come out of the wiring harness, so im thinking i ahve to hook those up somehow to get the antenna to raise up, so as of now i cant tune into radio stations. once again, timely advice would be greatly appreciated!

~jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts