Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 87 coupe & the headlights do not produce anywhere near enough light. What should I get to remedy the problem.

Also is the any way to increase the amount of light where my speedo & tach are also?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
From the "old" Forum....

Headlights:

1) Replace the bulbs. Filaments do "wear out" and tend to throw off a yellow-ish light. Avoid replacing the bulbs with those blue tinted bulbs.

2) Have the headlights checked for proper aim.

Dash:

1) There might be some bulbs burned out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I put in some Sylvania SilverStars and they are brighter without the blue look... like em much.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've seen the light..

I have PIAA Super White. They are 65/45 watt (9004) bulbs that perform like a 110/85 watt. They are very good. The highs are awesome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where can I get the Piaa bulbs? Then if I understand correctly I can change both the low & high beams all at once which would be great.

I might just get the sylvania ones in the mean time as I know we can buy those at the auto parts store here. Can I change all 4 bulbs with these also?

·
Registered
120 Posts
interesting...

PISTNBRKE, I would check out Options Auto Salon . They seen to have the best price on PIAA. That's where I got mine.

PAULO, interesting article, I'm definately going to have to do some research into the bulbs. Of course it is interesting that the article has all of PIAA competitors listed at the end. Still, I'm going to look into it...thanks:D

G

·
For some good bulbs, I would take a look at www.autolamps-online.com and also check out your local Shucks and look at the Sylvania Silverstars. I just threw a set of these into my Dad's Excursion to see what they look like, and they are a great bulb. They are whiter than a regular halogen bulb, but they don't have any wierd blue stuff going on. They are just as bright also if not brighter, and they have regular wattage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts