Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my 90 sedan a new exhaust system in the next month or so and I obviously don't want to break the bank.

My emissions were through the roof last year and I had to get an exemption probably due to my old catalytic converter.

Parts needed:

- Flex pipe (small leak)
- Cat (spent)
- Cat back (leak)

How much are we looking at? Who or where should I look for my cheapest option? ebay?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Thats a pretty good price for the whole exhaust system.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
Go to a local shop first. Because even though that is a good deal on the parts, you are going to have to also pay for the install since you are bringing in the parts. I had meineke (sp?) quote me $425 for an entire exhaust system including a high flow cat and magnaflow muffler, thats including install, they said without the high flow, just normal instead, and a stockish muffler, it can be installed for under $350. some times smaller shops can get you an even better deal.

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would be putting this on with a buddy of mine.

Yea, a local quote or two won't hurt.

I wouldn't say his feedback is terrible. 98% + with over 25k transactions is decent.

·
acura-legend.commie
2,583 Posts
that means 2 out of 100 are not happy. you walk into a store 100 times and buy things, you wouldnt be happy for 2 of those transactions, would you keep going there? i dont buy from people with less than 99%. ive had too many problems back when i started ebay from people with that kind of feedback.

·
Old enough to be your Dad
248 Posts
For kicks, I went to rockauto.com and put together a complete standard Walker muffler from the front to the back (excluding the chrome tips that may be reuseable). It came up to $503 shipped to PA after a $50 rebate. So the ebay offering is a good price.

Neither quote includes new rubber insulators or hanging bracket (additional $18).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.