Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a G1 and want to vent/port some bass into the cabin. I was considering four sub brands. Pioneer VCCS TS-W254C, Cerwin-Vega HED component 10-HED-SCV, Kenwood component KFC-W2505 SVC, and MTX Audio Thunder4000 T4108A . They all are about the same price. I want to push two tens with the Pioneer GM-X962 125Wx2 amp.
Now which would be the best brand(im partial to Pioneer)?
And which would be the best way to vent them into cabin?
I was thinking about making or buying a bandpass box and cut out the section behind the armrest on the back seat-Just ride with the armrest down.
Also- I have a CD changer in the trunk mounted directly to the sheet metal on the left corner of the trunk. It did skip when mounted to the sheet metal right between the back 6x9s.(It was really shaking)
Would it skip again from the subs?
Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't heard the cerwin or the MTX subs...but I would never buy a speaker built by either Pioneer or Kenwood. I love the Pioneer decks...have a DEH-P9300 in my car right now and wouldnt have it any other way...but dont waste time on their speakers or amps.

For amps, I would with a Phoenix Gold Tantrum and run some Image Dynamics IDQ12 subs. I have Phoenix Gold ZX series amps (Equivalent to the new Titanium amps) and a custom sealed box with two XMAX 12's...and I love the way it sounds. You will not be disappointed with the clarity of the Phoenix Gold amps.

IDQ subs are among some of the best out there as well...Just my 2cents.

As for your changer...what brand is it? I have a Pioneer 12 Disc mounted vertically in the right-side tool Tray and I have never had it skip...did you make sure its securely mounted?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Kenwood CD changer mounted to the sheet metal in the trunk. I am going to mount the subs on the rear deck and have the boxes hang down. This way the CD changer isn't getting a ton of intense low end vibration/noise.

·
Registered
248 Posts
inferno said:
I haven't heard the cerwin or the MTX subs...but I would never buy a speaker built by either Pioneer or Kenwood. I love the Pioneer decks...have a DEH-P9300 in my car right now and wouldnt have it any other way...but dont waste time on their speakers or amps.

then you need to go hear the pioneer premier reference line of speakers and subwoofer :)

and I definetly dont think the exelon db+ and the pioneer premier nickle plates as junk, quite nice stuff in my opinion.

b

·
Registered
313 Posts
bing0 said:

and I definetly dont think the exelon db+ and the pioneer premier nickle plates as junk, quite nice stuff in my opinion.

b
I agree. The Premier and Excelon lines from Pioneer and Kenwood are very nice IMO. I'd stay away from the regular junk though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts