Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody please tell me or would someone with a helms be willing to scan and post the section in the Helms book for changing the Radiator? I really want to change mine but I don't want to pay somebody to do i

Thanks
Anthony
'94 Acura Legend GS (Gold)
'93 Acura Vigor GS (White)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dnastyboy1 said:
Can anybody please tell me or would someone with a helms be willing to scan and post the section in the Helms book for changing the Radiator? I really want to change mine but I don't want to pay somebody to do i

Thanks
Anthony
Will do! I can scan the section for you. ;) What is your e-mail?

regards,

________
eddie
95 LS 6sp

·
Registered
46 Posts
tips

When I replaced my radiator, some of the clamps holding the ATF cooler hoses were quite corroded; one broke during removal, so you might want to have a few extra on hand before you start.

Also, you might want to have some plugs or tube clamps to prevent ATF leakage from the hoses while they are disconnected.

To get the proper clearance, I also found it helpful to remove the battery and battery tray.

You will need a 22 mm socket or wrench to remove the coolant temperature sensor from the old rad (and transfer to your new one of course).

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Need Radiator Instructions

eddie said:

Will do! I can scan the section for you. ;) What is your e-mail?

regards,

________
eddie
95 LS 6sp
Eddie,
Here's my e-mail address: [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
You should replace the thermosensor gasket, A/T hoses and radiator cap. You also need to transfer the OEM foam seals to the new unit. You should not have to remove the battery and battery tray. Use some dielectric grease when you reconnect the fan wiring harness connectors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Need Radiator Instructions

Dnastyboy1 said:

Eddie,
Here's my e-mail address: [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks
Anthony
Check your mail! There should be two attached photo scans in your juno mail. :D

It ain't too hard to replace the radiator by yourself. Remeber to give yourself plenty of time (with lots of self encouragement) and read the instructions N times that it literally embeds and repeats in your brain when sleep at night :rolleyes: Oh, and when you're done don't forget to bleed the air out of the system (see attached scan).

Finally, when everything is working again, treat yourself something nice and feel good about it that your did it. :D :p

regards,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh, just a word of caution! When you pull the transmission hoses (there're 2) from the lower part of the old radiatior, remember to find something to plug the hoses so the transmission fluid won't leak emepty. I found it out the hardway. I was laying down there when I pulled the hoses and the fluid spilled/attacked me (on my face!) :mad: :mad: Ever wonder what transmission fluid taste like???:eek: I ended up doing a drain and refill on the transmission. It's all good. :D

regards,

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's for all the help and suggestions you gave me.
I haven't read my juno e-mail yet 'cause I'm just using my brother in laws computer.

Thanks again
Anthony
'94 Acura Legend GS ( Gold )
'93 Acura Vigor GS ( White )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts