Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm coming along in parting out my car, but I have a question to ask.

I am going to be putting her stationary for good, and will be taking off the control arms, and putting her on blocks. What I'm wondering is: Should I hoist the engine and tranny now, before I do it? I don't have either sold-but I'm thinking in order to get some of the parts I need I'm going to have to remove these items-and possibly more. Without the control arms, I'm pretty sure my car will be undriveable.

Can anyone who has parted out a car before please advise?

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not realy an answer to my question, but ok.

Send me a PM.

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Put the car on blocks, drop the rack and pinion(sell it) and you can drop the motor and tranny after that. While the car is on blocks and the motor/tranny on the ground, you can get to pretty much get to anything you need in the engine bay.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FlipLegend said:
Put the car on blocks, drop the rack and pinion(sell it) and you can drop the motor and tranny after that. While the car is on blocks and the motor/tranny on the ground, you can get to pretty much get to anything you need in the engine bay.
Many thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.