Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 L that is all stock. I have about $500-$700 to spend on the car. What you you recommend that I do?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Hey jmckell
I asume that you are looking mainly for performance upgrades, not audio system, so here goes.
The first thing that everyone does is an intake, which adds about 8-12 hp i think. There are three available. Weapon-r, RM Racing, and one from importtoys in washington. The RM is about $180-200, the Weapon-r is about 170, and I got the one from Marcus at import toys for $69. If you want that one, send an email to [email protected] marked Attn Marcus. They were having a sale, but i dont know if it is still going on. Eventually you will want a cold air intake setup. There is a GB going on for the weapon-r intake and CAI for 315 including shipping, look in the for sale section. Im trying to get a GB on just the CAI, so you can get the import toys for 69 and the CAI from weapon-r. this will probably total just short of 200.
Next you will want exaust. Probable remus or greddy, both of which add power increases and make it sound better. But this is expensive(600-700). Wait till the next GB. In the last one the Remus went for 460. much better deal.
Then you probably want a chip. I think that the only one available is the Bayou. Definatly go for the stage II. Last group buy they went for 250. So if you get the GB prices, you can get all 3 for about 900, a little much, but you will have an extra, i dont know, maybe 40. probably more than that. i heard someone say 80, but i dont think it was that much. That was on the old forum.

BTW im in the same boat you are, I am just starting. I have all clear front lights, and an intake on the way, but im starting on my system.
Also, please send me your and drinkdontdrives email addresses, and i will get you all on the mailing list for legendary legendz, which you should defininatly join.
Sorry for the long post
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
702 Posts
HMMM....500-700$?

definitely go for intake first, i recommend weapon-r dragon, about $160 and looks sweet. Cold air setup can wait because that isn't any priority for now. Exhaust is definitely a must. there are many different kinds out there and can run you upto a couple of hundred dollars. so far total about $400. remaining $100-$300 you have left you should do something with your lighting, like clear corners or side markers or even fog lights or begin on a stereo system for the car. The next things for you will be past your price range, such as rims and possibly a chip, and so much more too, but it's all about money. so intake and exhaust are a definite must to start out with. :)

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far an intake sounds good. I would also like to do an exhaust. What brand would you recommend and where is the best place to get them at?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I beleive Remus makes one for the legend and so does Greddy... I also think there is one more brand that is legend specific... I was told that Remus makes applications for BMW's, so they must be doing something right...

I would start with an intake, tint, and nice fog lights (PIAA, CATZ, no CHEAP ones, as they will crack within days from stones.... depending on what you are going for, maybe save your $$$ for some rims...

:)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey Jmckell. Is your car a coupe or sedan? Also like everyone said, go for the intake, remus or greddy exhaust, clear corners, clear bumpers or HID's.

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really need someone to hold my hand on this :D I am not sure if I know what I am doing. What intake do I want. I went looking for Weapon-r and I found different models.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
jmckell said:
I have a 94 L Sedan....

What is TCCS?
TCCS is traction control and as far as the intake from weapon R there are two. The hyper intake and the Dragon intake. The only difference are in the filter and they vary from black, blue, red, yellow and polish silver. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
let's see with a 700 dollar budget, the mentioned mods would be good but i would do suspension work first. the legend is pretty fast as is but can improve on handling. go with something like Koni/Eibachs. prolly run you about 550 -600 and use the leftover money for an intake.
-j

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also I can buy a weapon-r intake from their website for $160.00 is that a good deal?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Intake-$200
Clear bumpers/corners-$100
Tint-$175
Paint, and other supplies for calipers, valve covers, etc...-$50
Bulbs for corner, hi beams, low beams, bumpers, etc...-$150
Mesh grill-$10

=$685

Not a bad start. :)

New leather kit <$700 but this doesn't include installation which would run you another 4-5 bills.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
jmckell said:
Does the L model come with TCCS?
If you have the L, it is more than likely a Type I motor, so you should have two indicators that tell you no TCS...on your dash to the right near the two dummy inserts for fog lights and light dimmer, there would be a button that says "TCS". Dead give away would also to be to pop the hood, and check your throttle body...you would see a hose stemming from it that would say "TCS".

More than likely, you DON'T have it.

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the input and taking care of me. I know I am a newbie Legend owner. These forums are a great resource and some of the nicest people I have met online on the internet. Thanks for making feel at home here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
WHAT ABOUT ME : )

i have 900$ this month to spend on my car. first let me tell yal what i got on my car:

1. one piece headlights
2. indglo gauge.
3. 18" motegi 7 spoke.
4. side markers and nozzle light.
5. mesh grill

i am planning on getting an intake. if anyone got a list for me , i will be more than glad to apply it. yal seem you know what to get .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts