Acura Legend Forum banner

What To Improve First?

• Engine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rims

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Interior (sound system included)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Exterior (i.e. Paint Job, Shave moulding, etc)

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys got your rides, what was the first thing or the first area you started on as far as improvements were concerned? My whip has potential, but sometimes finances keep me from going all out to make it where you guys are already. So, I figured I'd do the one step at a time program, but where first? Any suggestions? Right off the bat will be tires, cause these Michelins got to go.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
I did rims and tires first.....searched for about 2 years for clear corners with no luck...finally found them at the tune of $75, but I was happy to have them (gotta pay to be the boss, right?)

System came with rims, and just trying to maintain the car while improving the performance.

Depends on what you like.....

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
1. Rims & tires, especially since you're gonna replace the tires anyways. check on 17" or 18" wheels and tires.

2. Buy intake and High flow muffler. Have the muffler installed at a muffler shop and have them custom bend a cat back pipe for you. $80 or so is all the install should cost.

3. Do a little bit with the stereo system, maybe just upgrade the head unit and the speakers first, then go after a pair of subs and an amp.

4. I like saving the exterior mods for last, because once the interior and engine work is done. It's time to show it off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If your going to buy new tires anyway, I would consider getting a set of 17" rims to go with them. This was my first upgrade and cosmeticly made the biggest difference. Anything lower than a 17
imho, just doesn't look good on a big car like the Legend.

G

·
Depends on how long you've had your car?

If you just got it in the last 3 months the engine should be your top priority,maybe a major tuneup, if not go for the wheels!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Depends on how long you've had your car?

92Legendary_L said:
If you just got it in the last 3 months the engine should be your top priority,maybe a major tuneup, if not go for the wheels!
About a week and a half now......Did the Oil .....Working on the plugs, but not sure whether to go Platinum or Copper....and seriously thinking about the Weapon - R CAI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts