Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here is my problem. I have a 94 L that is all stock it has 137,000 miles on it and I have owned it for 4 months. I have seen this GS is the parking garage that is peral white and in sweet condition. I found out today that it belongs to a girl I work with. I was talking to her after lunch and I asked her about her car. It has 62,000 miles on it and just had the 60,000 mile service done at the dealship. It is in mint condition. I thought I would be brave and ask her if she would sell it and she said sure without even thinking about it. She told me that she needed a car that wasn't as fast. My question is now what should I ask for my car and how much should I offer for hers?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
As for your car, I personally wouldn't pay more than 8.5K (sedan L, if you have a coupe then obviously the price would be higher) for it.
As for an offer for her car, right now I would start at 10K and would not go more than 12K. The mileage sounds great and the service upkeep seems good. I assume it is an automatic. Be careful though. She isn't openly selling her car, so she has no pressure to get rid of it. If she knows what kind of car she has, you may end up paying more than 12K for it. You also have to take into consideration the legend market in your area and the economy. However, I don't think the state of the economy will affect her pricing much since she isn't actively seeking to sell her car.

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an update: I talked to her the other day and coome to find out that she has owned the car since 1996 and has all the service records. I still don't know what she wants for the car but she is taking me out to lunch so I can test drive it.

Anybody interested in a 94L? :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
WOOOO...... taking you for lunch:cool: :p ....... maybe you can chat her up a bit and talk her down to about $8000, just because you are her neighbor:D .

I would say that privately, that car would go for no less than $12000. It is a rare car, all service records, PEARL WHITE PAINT:) , lady driven, low mileage, major service done..... really the next best thing would be a six speed transmission, but man, that car is calling your name.

No more stereo troubles:) .....

You get the bose premium, Type 2, TCS, and all the goodies. I know that car at my local acura dealership would honestly go for $27 000 CDN, which would be close to around $17k US.

Snag it before it is gone... because you know you want it.:p

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jump on that deal...or at least give her my number out here in Cali and we can arrange to ship it =]

I also have a 94 L...love it to death...but lets face it....its no GS...

However, it would be a pain to rip all of the electrical madness I have added to my car...so I think I will just stay loyal to my legend.:D

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mckenzie93 said:
WOOOO...... taking you for lunch:cool: :p ....... maybe you can chat her up a bit and talk her down to about $8000, just because you are her neighbor:D .

I would say that privately, that car would go for no less than $12000. It is a rare car, all service records, PEARL WHITE PAINT:) , lady driven, low mileage, major service done..... really the next best thing would be a six speed transmission, but man, that car is calling your name.

No more stereo troubles:) .....

You get the bose premium, Type 2, TCS, and all the goodies. I know that car at my local acura dealership would honestly go for $27 000 CDN, which would be close to around $17k US.

Snag it before it is gone... because you know you want it.:p
I want it so bad I can't sleep at night. All I do is think about all day. What is even worse is when I see it in the parking garage. I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW. Like I said she is in no hurry to sell it and would hold onto it untill I sold my car. The only things it is missing is fog lights and the spoiler.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
You can always add foglights and spoiler!
try to sell your car and then you can buy hers. By the way, what is she planning on buying???

By the way, I drove from Dallas yesterday to Wichita, KS, through OK.

Veyr different compared to CA, but its nice!!

Best of Luck with the GS.

I have 91L and 94GS and trust me, you'll LOVE the GS!!!!

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not sure what she is planning on buying. I would like to sell my car first then get hers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts