Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new. I just got my Legend. ('91 sedan) I finally convinced my dad to sell it after swiping his keys every time he turned his back.

Anyway I'm baffled. All the shops I've talked to around here have told me that there are simply no parts available, since that's obviously not the case..... where do I start? These guys can get anything, they're just no interested in finding hot parts for anything but an eclipse or a civic.

My engine has 250, 000k on it ( ~150,000 miles), and even though it has been impecably maintained and runs near to perfectly, reliability is an issue. Well, paranoia is an issue.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If that is what local shops are telling you don't use them because they don't know squat! Now as far as parts are concerned what kind of parts? General legend parts or performance? General parts are no problem to come by. Suggestion. Find all your info right here. Search what you are looking for and chances are there is a thread with the info.

Keep an eye on ebay there are always parts listed. From water pumps to timing belts to interior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I have been reading through the threads, but besides intake, chip (done), and exhaust, I don't even know what to get.

I guess I was just looking for confirmation that those are the most practical starting point, and maybe get advice on a good brand or two.

Also, I've seen alot about stage 1 vs. stage 2 dinan chips. How can I tell which one I've got. (And how much difference is there between the two) The liturature I got with the car from dinan says I have a chip that puts the engine from 200 -> 214 hp. but makes no mention of stage. I assume that would be a stage 1 then.

Like I say, I just got the car, I'm a little more used to motorcycles.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I remember someone on the forum bought the chip when it was a Dinan and he (or she) referenced something about the Dinan vs Bayou chip vs stage I or II. I happen to have the Bayou Stage II installed.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
KNLNGUS said:
I remember someone on the forum bought the chip when it was a Dinan and he (or she) referenced something about the Dinan vs Bayou chip vs stage I or II. I happen to have the Bayou Stage II installed.

KNLNGUS
Dinen and Bayou are the same thing, Dinan sold the chip to Bayou.

·
Registered
744 Posts
WhiteLegend, Laughing... yes I do know that Dinan(?) sold the rights to Pure Performance Products, LLC which markets the product as Bayou. I have had many conversations with Willie during my purchase.

What I was talking about was the fact that there is (in fact) a Bayou stage I and Stage II chip.

Now, back when the chip was Dinan and not Bayou - I thought perhaps that only ONE chip existed in the Dinan days as opposed to PPP marketing the Bayou chip as stage I and stage II.

KNLNGUS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts