Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 L sedan. It started out fine, and then it would occasionally look like it was heating up. It would go to the red, and then drop back to normal. I got used to it doing that everytime i started it. now it does it up and down, it heats up and then it drops and rises. What makes it do this, i know its not hot, but it really f-s with my gas milage and the fan comes on after i turn it off if its reading hot when i turn it off.
Could it be a bad thermostat? or just a bad guage, has anyone had this problem? i am 99% sure its not overheating, its just something with the wiring, thermostat or something,

BTW, i just had the radiator replaced 3 months ago. as well as both axels and a CV boot and the left front strut.

Please help

peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had the same problem with my legend....my problem was my fan wasnt blowing poperly causing everythinh to get hot. but if you say your fan is blowing sounds like its just a thermostat problem. but i definelty wouldnt drive it if it says its hot that could lead to a headgaket problem if thats not already the problem.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks leon, you already walked me through that on aim, remember, thanks for reminding me, I dont think thats the problem though, i think its a bad thermostat, so im not gonna drive it for a while b/c of the legend hg problem. I am takin it in in the morning to get it fixed.
Hope they figure it out. ive got some money now, so i need to look in to exaust and a chip, and i need to make a cold air setup, but this is obviously more pressing. Thanks for the input guys.

peace
TNelson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.