Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok like i have posted that i have just bought a 95 legend L Sedan and i have no service record on this car and no idea about how the previous owner drove or cared for the car. i am just thinking about what i can go through and replace so i dont have any future problems. Here is what i have been thinking about doing and add any input to let me know your thoughts or if you know af any other things to add to my list. btw the car has 144,000 on it and after all this i would like to keep a good service record.

1. Change timing belt.
2. Water Pump
3. Plugs
4. Head gaskets
5. all seals and gaskets on the top end
6. having the heads ported and polished while they are off.
7. changing all fluids in the car
8. and should i change the transmission filter?? have had some people have transmission problems after they change it. every time i have changed them in my other cars i havent had any problems usually improves the shifting of the car.
9. fuel pump and filter.
10. all new brakes and drilled and slotted rotors

and the past owner has been using mobil 1 0w30 i dont like changing the type of oil past owners have used and i know mobil 1 is a great oil sould i keep using it? and is it the right weight of oil?

well let me know what all of you think and any feed back would be great thanks....

·
Registered
340 Posts
ok like i have posted that i have just bought a 95 legend L Sedan and i have no service record on this car and no idea about how the previous owner drove or cared for the car. i am just thinking about what i can go through and replace so i dont have any future problems. Here is what i have been thinking about doing and add any input to let me know your thoughts or if you know af any other things to add to my list. btw the car has 144,000 on it and after all this i would like to keep a good service record.

1. Change timing belt.
2. Water Pump
3. Plugs
4. Head gaskets
5. all seals and gaskets on the top end
6. having the heads ported and polished while they are off.
7. changing all fluids in the car
8. and should i change the transmission filter?? have had some people have transmission problems after they change it. every time i have changed them in my other cars i havent had any problems usually improves the shifting of the car.
9. fuel pump and filter.
10. all new brakes and drilled and slotted rotors

and the past owner has been using mobil 1 0w30 i dont like changing the type of oil past owners have used and i know mobil 1 is a great oil sould i keep using it? and is it the right weight of oil?

well let me know what all of you think and any feed back would be great thanks....
As for engine oil, i've been using 5w-30 Mobil 1. I have never heard of 0w30 being used on Legends. 10w30 is another oil that can be used. And as for everything else that you have listed, I say if you have the money, go for it and change all that. If not, I would just wait and drive it until something happens and then change it. good luck with your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts