Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I have Jetta 1.8T now, and I want to sell my car due to financial problem.
And getting different car, something that cross my mind was Acura legend 2nd generation.
What is the consideration for me if I want to buy used one such as milleage, year, trim level, and price range?
What is the reliability of this car?

Thanks in advance,
Morgan

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I had about a page of stuff then my computer froze so here it goes again....

Legends are very reliable cars when well maintained. I own two of them and I love them both. Things that I have seen comoon problems on these cars:

1- radiator failure- MUST NOT GO NEGLECTED
2- a blown head gasket will be caused if #1 is not looked after immediately.
3- Vehicle Speed Sensor
4- Auto tranny may fail if driven hard, as in any other car.
5- Transmission mounts
6- see #1

When you look at a legend, watch for signs of head gasket failure.
1- white smoke from tailpipe
2- oily substance in antifreeze
3- pressure under rad cap when cold
4- foamy on oil dipstick
5- rising temp. needle

As for trims, any legend with a manual tranny is rare. 6 spped is rarer, and 6 speed sedan is rarest. 93-95 coupes, and 94-95 GS sedans get 230hp vs. 200hp in 91-92 all models, and 93-95 LS sedans.

91-92= 5spd
93-95= 6 speed.

USe the search function and look for the specific details on each year of trim. All in all, a very fun and reliable car that rivals all cars in its class.....:) As long as they are maintaned, they will serve you well....

·
Registered
702 Posts
damn, mckenzie you made it all sound negative. :)

yeah, there's some problems but if they are taken care of as in any other car, you will like driving a legend. affordable but not cheap like those common POS civics you see everyday. they are real reliable and comfortable and overall are very sweet cars.

you just need to look around and not rush to find a legend that has been maintained very well and taken care of in general.

good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments.
I've drive one before, and I really like it.
Just need some time to find 'adequate' one.... maybe anyone want to sell his/hers? :D

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
DaTimez420 said:
damn, mckenzie you made it all sound negative. :)

yeah, there's some problems but if they are taken care of as in any other car, you will like driving a legend. affordable but not cheap like those common POS civics you see everyday. they are real reliable and comfortable and overall are very sweet cars.

you just need to look around and not rush to find a legend that has been maintained very well and taken care of in general.

good luck
I dont think I did.... as a potential buyer, I think he would want to know what has been known to plague people (including myself)who buy the G2 legends (being the head gasket). If you buy a legend and let it overheat, there is a good chance that you will fry your HG.... if you dont let it overheat, it will never go bad on its own.

That is why I said if they are maintained well, they will be very good to you.... the other stuff on the list is very minor...

All in all, its a great car and I never said that it was not.... I am just trying to be as informative as I can since I own two legends, and I have two others in my family.:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I learned my lesson, take it to a mechanic shop b4 u buy it, pay 30 bucks and have the 14 point inspection or whatever it's called. the check for cracked head gaskest, leaks anything u ca n think off. And if ur satisfied than u can discount wot u paid for the test from the price. ;)

Latin............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts